Simulation Mannequin Campaign
Assiniboine Community College (ACC) is about to embark on the next phase of student education in our Practical Nursing program.
Expanding our in-classroom equipment to include High Fidelity Human Patient Simulation Mannequins is the college’s next step in preparing our Practical Nursing students to graduate career-ready and able to make meaningful contributions to our health care system.
ACC instructors are challenged to enhance the student learning experience by providing opportunities to apply theoretical knowledge in a safe learning environment. Advanced simulated learning scenarios allow faculty to expose students to medical situations that they may never see in their clinical practicum in a safe and non-threatening laboratory setting. Scenarios ensure a standardized and reproducible learning experience for our students. Our instructors can write their own scenarios or integrate pre-packaged scenarios into the existing curriculum thus preparing our students for clinical developments they will consistently encounter.
Exceptional Learning Experiences is the vision at ACC, and these state-of-the-art training aids will result in enhanced front-line care for people who are in need. Our Practical Nursing graduates are working in hospitals, personal care homes, clinics and private businesses. Anytime you are in need of medical assistance our graduates are there.
Advantages of High Fidelity Patient Simulation for ACC Nursing students:
- Provides opportunity for interactive and authentic learning without risk to a patient
- Students are able to witness the results of their actions in real time
- Critical thinking and clinical decision-making skills are enhanced
- Scenarios can apply classroom theory in to “real life” situations
- Students learn to work as a team in a variety of roles
- Learning with these mannequins can boost students’ self-confidence and help reduce anxiety
ACC has been delivering Practical Nurse education for over 30 years
Our college welcomes 215 new students every year at five locations across Manitoba.
- Our intake of students in Brandon includes 70 first year students and 70 second year students
- In Winnipeg (ACC Winnipeg Campus), we welcome 70 first year students and 70 second year students
- Three rural rotating sites with a total intake of 25 students per site
Our graduate nurses are working in hospitals in your communities such as Boissevain, Brandon, Dauphin, Deloraine, Glenboro, Killarney, Minnedosa, Neepawa, Russell, Souris, Virden and Winnipeg.
No matter which location our students choose for their learning, ACC is committed to providing the best possible classroom experience. We want our students graduating with the confidence that they can work with all members of the health care team and play a vital role in healthcare. We are looking to upgrade our teaching mannequins to some of the most current interactive patient models that exist.
Your gift to Assiniboine Community College Foundation is tax deductible and multi-year pledges are gladly accepted. We simply invoice you every year for the duration requested.
Supporters of $1,000 and over will have their name on a donor plaque and listed with ACColade, the Assiniboine Community College recognition structure that acknowledges individuals and organizations that support us over the years.
Donations of $25,000 and over can receive an individual recognition ad.
For more information please contact:
Major Gifts Officer
Assiniboine Community College
1430 Victoria Avenue East
Brandon, Manitoba R7A 2A9
204.725.8700 ext: 6324
Governors’ Council ($100,000-$249,999)
- Generous Local Donor
President’s Circle ($50,000-$99,999)
- Brandon Area Community Foundation
- Generous Donor
- Dr. Michael and Carol Turabian
- Brandon Clinic Medical Corporation
- Super Thrifty Drugs Canada Ltd.
- Vionell Holdings Partnership
- Practical Nursing Students Class of 2016 – Brandon
- The Brandon Speech & Language Clinic (Tammy Johannson)
- First Look 3D & 4D Ultrasounds (Trish Gillespie)
- Dr. Chris & Stacey Beeston
- Mark & Edith Frison
- Ryan Downey
We would also like to thank and acknowledge the following contributors:
- Dr. Tyler & Tina Tegg
- Dr. Sukarno Chaudhry
- Gail Freeman-Campbell (Daughter on Call)
- Russell Maloney
Around The College
2017 Assiniboine Courage Award DinnerView Details
2017 Student Achievement CelebrationView Details
4th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza Egg HuntView Details
Assiniboine helping to clear a path to education and jobsRead Post
Don Penny to receive inaugural Courage AwardRead Post
Donor-funded health simulation labs open at AssiniboineRead Post
IELTS Testing in BrandonView Details
International Wine & Food Festival 2017View Details
President pledges $50k as part of National Philanthropy DayRead Post
Student Spotlight: Thomas HinchRead Post