Enform Safety Training
An ongoing collaboration between Assiniboine Community College and Enform is providing high-end oilfield safety certification.
This training will give you a chance to take regulatory-required courses in Brandon rather than travelling to Estevan or Calgary.
Well Service Blowout Protection
Learn about well service blowout prevention and the procedures for well killing operations on a service rig.
Designed for: Service rig operators, service rig managers, well site supervisors, field foremen, production foremen and production engineers.
- Sources and magnitude of pressures
- Causes of kicks
- BOP equipment
- Kick warning signs
- Crew positions and duties
- Well shut-in procedures
- Well killing procedures
- Calculations and government regulations
- CSA Approved hard hat
- CSA Approved seasonal footwear
- CSA Approved safety glasses
- Seasonal coveralls with reflective striping
- Seasonal leather/cold weather gloves
- Government issued photo ID is required to write the exam
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for five years.
You may attend this course up to three months in advance of the expiry of your certification, then upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate dated five years from the expiry of your old certificate.
Participants renewing their valid Well Service Blowout Prevention Certificate for the first time after five years may challenge the exam.
Coiled Tubing Well Servicing Blowout Protection
Learn how to use coil tubing equipment in well control operations.
Designed for: Coiled tubing operators and well site supervisors involved in well control operations.
- Coil tubing equipment
- Coil tubing tools and accessories
- Coil tubing blowout prevention
- Wellhead equipment
- Flowback systems
- Well control responses
- A valid Enform Well Service Blowout Prevention Certificate
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Coiled Tubing Certificate that will expire on the same date as your Well Service Blowout Prevention Certificate.
If participants fail the exam following the program, they are allowed one rewrite within a 30-day period. Rewrite fees apply.
Detection and Control of Flammable Substances
Gain an understanding on how to safely monitor and control flammable substances through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on practice.
Designed for: Personnel working with or near flammable substances in the oil and gas industry.
- Introduction to flammable substances
- Principles of flammable gas/vapour detection
- Care and preparation of combustible gas monitors
- Interpreting combustible gas readings
- Control methods
Upon successful completion of the prescribed practical skills and the written examination, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.
Sign up now
Classes will fill up fast. To register, call 204.725.8725 or toll-free 800.862.6307 ext 6002.
First Aid Training
All of our first aid courses, when successfully completed, issue Red Cross certification. They are taught by a Red Cross certified trainer. We offer the following first aid courses:
- CPR/AED Level HCP – 7 hours
- CPR/AED Level HCP Recertification – 4 hours
- Standard First Aid (Level C CPR) – 16 hours
- Standard First Aid Recertification (Level C CPR) - 8 hours
- Emergency First Aid (Level C CPR) – 8 hours
Around The College
A Taste of Change: Bold steps lead to big rewardsRead Post
Assiniboine accepting nominations for annual alumni awardsRead Post
Assiniboine Community College alumni raise $31,082 for student scholarships, awards and bursariesRead Post
Assiniboine helps BRHC Foundation raise nearly $14KRead Post
Assiniboine students to build first net-zero energy home in DauphinRead Post
Assiniboine unveils priorities for Parkland Campus, announces permanent nursing programRead Post
Graduation numbers continue to growRead Post
Grey Owl Restaurant 2018View Details
Holiday Buffet 2017View Details
Program Information SessionsView Details