Enform Safety Training
An ongoing collaboration between Assiniboine Community College (ACC) and Enform is providing high-end oilfield safety certification this spring in Brandon.
This training will give you a chance to take regulatory required courses in Brandon rather than travelling to Estevan or Calgary.
Well Service Blowout Protection
- April 11–14 (four days)
Learn about well service blowout prevention and the procedures for well killing operations on a service rig.
Service rig operators, service rig managers, wellsite supervisors, field foremen, production foremen and production engineers.
- Sources and magnitude of pressures
- Causes of kicks
- BOP equipment
- Kick warning signs
- Crew positions and duties
- Well shut-in procedures
- Well killing procedures
- Calculations and government regulations
- CSA Approved hard hat
- CSA Approved seasonal footwear
- CSA Approved safety glasses
- Seasonal coveralls with reflective striping
- Seasonal leather/cold weather gloves
- Government issued photo ID is required to write the exam
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for five years.
You may attend this course up to three months in advance of the expiry of your certification, then upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate dated five years from the expiry of your old certificate.
Participants renewing their valid Well Service Blowout Prevention Certificate for the first time after five years may challenge the exam.
Coiled Tubing Well Servicing Blowout Protection
- April 15 (one day)
Learn how to use coil tubing equipment in well control operations.
Coiled tubing operators and wellsite supervisors involved in well control operations.
- Coil tubing equipment
- Coil tubing tools and accessories
- Coil tubing blowout prevention
- Wellhead equipment
- Flowback systems
- Well control responses
- A valid Enform Well Service Blowout Prevention Certificate
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Coiled Tubing Certificate that will expire on the same date as your Well Service Blowout Prevention Certificate.
If participants fail the exam following the program, they are allowed one rewrite within a 30-day period. Rewrite fees apply.
Detection and Control of Flammable Substances
- April 16 (one day)
Gain an understanding on how to safely monitor and control flammable substances through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on practice.
Personnel working with or near flammable substances in the oil and gas industry.
- Introduction to flammable substances
- Principles of flammable gas/vapour detection
- Care and preparation of combustible gas monitors
- Interpreting combustible gas readings
- Control methods
Upon successful completion of the prescribed practical skills and the written examination, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.
Sign up now
Classes will fill up fast. To register, call 204.725.8725 or tol-free 800.862.6307, ext. 6002.
First Aid Training
All of our first aid courses, when successfully completed, issue Red Cross certification. They are taught by a Red Cross certified trainer. We offer the following first aid courses:
- CPR/AED Level HCP – 7 hours
- CPR/AED Level HCP Recertification – 4 hours
- Standard First Aid (Level C CPR) – 16 hours
- Standard First Aid Recertification (Level C CPR) - 8 hours
- Emergency First Aid (Level C CPR) – 8 hours
Around The College
Assiniboine graduates playing integral role in provincial growthRead Post
Assiniboine helping to clear a path to education and jobsRead Post
Assiniboine unveils priorities for Parkland Campus, announces permanent nursing programRead Post
Assiniboine, Behlen donate $10K of welding tables to Crocus PlainsRead Post
Doors Open Brandon - MICAView Details
Graduation numbers continue to growRead Post
Sioux Valley, Assiniboine partner for residential framing programRead Post
Thirty-six new graduates from Assiniboine’s mature high schoolRead Post
Waywayseecappo, Assiniboine partner to deliver construction programRead Post
Xplore ACCView Details