Learn the trade of production welding!
This program focuses on the theory and practical aspects of oxyacetylene, shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding and special processes. You’ll learn layout and blueprint reading to general fabrication skills that will let you start your career doing welding in a manufacturing setting.
Our part-time classes start soon.
- Large, modern shop and classroom space at the Len Evans Centre for Trades and Technology
- Four-month program
- Two-night-a-week evening classes, plus Saturdays
- Offered through the Centre of Continuing Studies
Dates and times
- Courses start date: Schedule to be determined
- Courses end date: Schedule to be determined
- Evening classes run Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30–9:30 p.m.
- Saturday classes run 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with an hour for lunch
Excellent employment opportunities and high earning potential.
- All you need is a complete Manitoba Grade 10 with Math 20S or equivalent
- English is the language of instruction at ACC and all applicants educated outside of Canada or inacountry not on the test-exempt list must meet English-proficiency requirements:
- CLB 7/8
- IELTS 6.5
Complete an application form, and include an original high school transcript. Non-refundable application fee of $95.
- Total tuition $3,900 per student
- Non-refundable commitment fee of $1,650.
Personal Protection Equipment
Students are required to provide their own PPE:
- CSA-approved safety glasses
- CSA-approved steel or composite toe and plate boots
- Flame retardant coveralls
- Welding gloves
- Welding shield
- Welding leathers (apron, sleeves, leggings)
You’ll be trained to do: Oxy-Acetylene Cutting, Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Metal-Cored Arc Welding (MCAW). You’ll also learn to use a wide variety of support equipment including hand and power tools and gain an understanding of fabrication layout practices.
All courses are required to graduate with a Production Welder document of achievement. Production Welder is run on a cost-recovery basis and may require a certain number of participants to proceed.
For more info
Around The College
A Taste of Change: Bold steps lead to big rewardsRead Post
Assiniboine accepting nominations for annual alumni awardsRead Post
Assiniboine Community College alumni raise $31,082 for student scholarships, awards and bursariesRead Post
Assiniboine helps BRHC Foundation raise nearly $14KRead Post
Assiniboine students to build first net-zero energy home in DauphinRead Post
Assiniboine unveils priorities for Parkland Campus, announces permanent nursing programRead Post
Graduation numbers continue to growRead Post
Grey Owl Restaurant 2018View Details
Holiday Buffet 2017View Details
Program Information SessionsView Details