Learn the trade of production welding!
This program focuses on the theory and practical aspects of oxyacetylene, shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding and special processes. You’ll learn layout and blueprint reading to general fabrication skills that will let you start your career doing welding in a manufacturing setting.
Our part-time classes start soon.
- Large, modern shop and classroom space at the Len Evans Centre for Trades and Technology
- Four-month program
- Two-night-a-week evening classes, plus Saturdays
- Offered through the Centre of Continuing Studies
Dates and times
- Courses start date: September 2016
- Courses end date: Schedule to be determined
- Evening classes run Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6:30–9:30 p.m.
- Saturday classes run 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with an hour for lunch
Excellent employment opportunities and high earning potential.
- All you need is a complete Manitoba Grade 10 with Math 20S or equivalent
- English is the language of instruction at ACC and all applicants educated outside of Canada or in a country not on the test-exempt list must meet English-proficiency requirements:
- CLB 7/8
- IELTS 6.5
Complete an application form, and include an original high school transcript. Application fee is $75
- Total tuition $3,900 per student
- Non-refundable commitment fee of $1,650.
Personal Protection Equipment
Students are required to provide their own PPE:
- CSA-approved safety glasses
- CSA-approved steel or composite toe and plate boots
- Flame retardant coveralls
- Welding gloves
- Welding shield
- Welding leathers (apron, sleeves, leggings)
You’ll be trained to do: Oxy-Acetylene Cutting, Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Metal-Cored Arc Welding (MCAW). You’ll also learn to use a wide variety of support equipment including hand and power tools and gain an understanding of fabrication layout practices.
All courses are required to graduate with a Production Welder document of achievement. Production Welder is run on a cost-recovery basis and may require a certain number of participants to proceed.
For more info
Around The College
2017 Assiniboine Courage Award DinnerView Details
Assiniboine helping to clear a path to education and jobsRead Post
Assiniboine to present Phil Fontaine with honorary diplomaRead Post
Assiniboine unveils priorities for Parkland Campus, announces permanent nursing programRead Post
Community joins to celebrate Assiniboine graduation in Ebb & FlowRead Post
Don Penny to receive inaugural Courage AwardRead Post
Film Screening, One Gay City: A History of LGBT Life in WinnipegView Details
Industrial Metals Fabrication Information NightView Details
Killarney’s Kemp would love to be gold metal-istRead Post
Strathclair student strives for success at SkillsRead Post
Student research project offers practical recommendations for Manitoba HydroRead Post
Student Spotlight: Thomas HinchRead Post
Team Assiniboine brings home hardware from Skill ManitobaRead Post