How to Apply | Assiniboine Community College
How to Apply

Step One

Review the list of programs available to international students. These are the only programs for which we accept international applications.

Step Two

Review the program information for the program you wish to study so that you have a good understanding of the program and its career possibilities.  We encourage you to choose a program you will enjoy and can be successful in, as it is very unlikely you could transfer programs after you arrive.

Step Three

Review the admission requirements listed in the program page.  Pay attention in particular to specific course requirements, like Math or Language Arts. (Note: "40S" in Manitoba means the 12th year of schooling; in many countries that is called "senior" or "higher" secondary level.) You can see the requirements for applicants from many countries in the Admission Requirements chart. Also, please ensure that you meet the English language proficiency requirement.

Step Four


Students without a valid Canadian study permit:  May 1, for programs starting in September.

Students with a valid Canadian study permit:  August 15, for programs starting in September.

We encourage you to apply at least six months in advance of the start date to allow time for study permit applications.  Please note that enrollment numbers for all programs are limited.  Applying before the deadlines above does not guarantee a seat will be available, as many programs will start waiting lists before these dates.

Most of our programs start only in September each year. Other than our English for Academic Purposes programs, we do not have a regular January or May intake.  See available cohorts for a list of programs which will start at a different time of year.  Those programs become full very quickly, so we encourage you to apply as soon as a program on that list is "OPEN".

Send a complete application:

If you believe you meet the admission requirements listed, and you can send a complete application before the deadline, submit your application, including:

  • The completed international application form. Type as much of it as possible online, and then print it and sign it.  It can be difficult to read handwritten applications, which could mean an incorrect spelling of your name or address or other information.  Note:  If you want someone to receive information about your application on your behalf, complete and sign the “Use of Agents or Other Representatives” section.
  • Non-refundable application fee of $200. Information about how to pay the fee is on the application form.
  • Transcripts/exam results of your (senior) secondary education. Notarized English translations must accompany any document in another language.
  • Transcripts of all of your post-secondary (college or university) education, if you have studied at that level. Notarized English translations of the transcript must accompany the document if it is in another language.
  • Proof of English language proficiency, which will be either a valid and acceptable test score, transcripts of appropriate education in Canada or a country on our test-exempt list, or proof of registration at one of our pathway schools.
  • A copy of your passport page showing name and birthdate.
  • A copy of your study permit, if you have one.
  • Applicants to the Culinary Arts program also need to include the supplemental application form. Please see the competitive entry page under the Registrar’s Office section of the website for further details.

You can scan the application and documents and attach them to an email to or you can mail them to Assiniboine International, Room 145, Assiniboine Community College, 1430 Victoria Ave East, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada, R7A 2A9.  You are also welcome to bring an application in person, to the address above.  (No other campus location can accept applications or fees.)

However, we require transcript(s) for all Canadian institutions you were enrolled in, even if you did not complete a semester or program there.  A Canadian transcript must be an official, original, hard copy document from the Registrar’s Office at the institution. It must be the most current transcript; out-of-date transcripts are not acceptable.  No scans, photocopies, faxes or web print outs accepted.  Send this document by postal service or courier it to the address above (or bring it to our office). We will keep this document.

If we see that you entered Canada in time to study at another institution, we will ask for information about your Canadian studies.  If you do not provide this information with your application, this will slow down your application significantly. 

We process an application only when it is complete, including all documents, the application form, and the fee.

(Note: Bring original foreign documents (both in original language and notarized English translations) to Canada, or send them by courier or postal service to our office or to a trusted friend or relative in Brandon. The deadline to provide original, official hard copy documents is August 15 for programs which begin in September.  For programs that begin at a different time of year, your letter of acceptance will state the deadline.  We do not keep overseas documents, but we must see them to verify the copies in your file.  If you do not provide original documents at this time, your admission could be cancelled.)