Our grads say it all – 94% of grads seeking work have found employment. The majority of our programs include a cooperative work placement or a work practicum as a part of the curriculum, so you get experience in your field before graduation. It’s predicted that 75% of all new jobs will require some sort of post-secondary credential–we’ll get you career-ready!
Learn By Doing—This isn’t just our motto; it’s our educational philosophy. We provide exceptional learning experiences and many times that means taking you outside of a traditional classroom. Whether you’re growing plants in our sustainable greenhouse, creating a meal in our teaching kitchen or building a house from the ground up, we’ll make sure you get the hands-on experience you need so you’re fully prepared for your future.
We’re proud to partner with professional organizations and other post-secondary institutions to ensure your education takes you further. A popular option is the 2+2 program, allowing you to combine two years at ACC with two years at a partner university, earning you a diploma and a degree in just four years. And increasingly, we’re seeing more students attending ACC for hands-on college training to complement their previous university education.
Reasons Why You Should Study In Manitoba
Manitoba is an excellent choice to help you meet your education goals. Our education system and institutions are internationally recognized, with leading-edge facilities and first-rate instructors. Manitoba offers high quality, affordable education and training throughout the province in rural or urban settings.
- Affordable world-class education
- Internationally recognized diplomas and certificates
- Priority assessment eligibility for your Canadian permanent residency status**
- Work while you study and after you graduate
- FREE health insurance coverage*
- Genuine English language immersion experiences
- Variety of recreational, cultural and entertainment activities
- Friendly urban centres and welcoming small rural towns
- International Education Act protects you while you study
* You must hold a valid study permit for six months or longer to be eligible. See Manitoba Health for more information.
** Visit Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for eligibility.
Manitoba Fun Facts:
* Manitoba is known as Canada’s friendliest province.
* Manitoba basks in more than 2,300 hours of bright sunshine per year with southern Manitoba enjoying up to 16 hours of daylight during peak summer weeks.
Where is Brandon?
It is located 197 km west of Winnipeg and 100 km north of the United States Border. Brandon has been nicknamed the "Wheat City" in honour of its rich agricultural heritage and reputation as a prosperous farming community. Brandon is the little city with the big heart and is a progressive community with a quality of life that must be experienced to be appreciated.
Brandon Fast Facts:
- Second largest city in Manitoba
- Safe, multicultural city
- Vibrant and growing community
- Brandon’s population: 46,000 people
- Trading area: 180,000 people
Brandon has four distinct seasons and many activities to keep you fit and entertained. With -20 C winters, hot prairie summers, hiking and biking outdoors, provincial/national parks teeming with wildlife, festivals, concerts and cultural activities await, just imagine the stories you will have for your family about the true north!
Around The College
A Taste of Change: Bold steps lead to big rewardsRead Post
Assiniboine accepting nominations for annual alumni awardsRead Post
Assiniboine Community College alumni raise $31,082 for student scholarships, awards and bursariesRead Post
Assiniboine helps BRHC Foundation raise nearly $14KRead Post
Assiniboine students to build first net-zero energy home in DauphinRead Post
Assiniboine unveils priorities for Parkland Campus, announces permanent nursing programRead Post
Graduation numbers continue to growRead Post
Grey Owl Restaurant 2018View Details
Holiday Buffet 2017View Details
Program Information SessionsView Details