Our grads say it all – 94% of grads seeking work have found employment. The majority of our programs include a cooperative work placement or a work practicum as a part of the curriculum, so you get experience in your field before graduation. It’s predicted that 75% of all new jobs will require some sort of post-secondary credential–we’ll get you career-ready!
Learn By Doing—This isn’t just our motto; it’s our educational philosophy. We provide exceptional learning experiences and many times that means taking you outside of a traditional classroom. Whether you’re growing plants in our sustainable greenhouse, creating a meal in our teaching kitchen or building a house from the ground up, we’ll make sure you get the hands-on experience you need so you’re fully prepared for your future.
We’re proud to partner with professional organizations and other post-secondary institutions to ensure your education takes you further. A popular option is the 2+2 program, allowing you to combine two years at ACC with two years at a partner university, earning you a diploma and a degree in just four years. And increasingly, we’re seeing more students attending ACC for hands-on college training to complement their previous university education.
Reasons Why You Should Study In Manitoba
Manitoba is an excellent choice to help you meet your education goals. Our education system and institutions are internationally recognized, with leading-edge facilities and first-rate instructors. Manitoba offers high quality, affordable education and training throughout the province in rural or urban settings.
- Affordable world-class education
- Internationally recognized diplomas and certificates
- Priority assessment eligibility for your Canadian permanent residency status**
- Work while you study and after you graduate
- FREE health insurance coverage*
- Up to 60% or $25,000 income tax rebate on your post-secondary tuition fees
- Genuine English language immersion experiences
- Variety of recreational, cultural and entertainment activities
- Friendly urban centres and welcoming small rural towns
- International Education Act protects you while you study
* You must hold a valid study permit for six months or longer to be eligible. See gov.mb.ca/ie/study/medical for more information.
** Visit immigratemanitoba.com/mpnp-for-skilled-workers for eligibility.
Manitoba Fun Facts:
* Manitoba is known as Canada’s friendliest province.
* Manitoba basks in more than 2,300 hours of bright sunshine per year with southern Manitoba enjoying up to 16 hours of daylight during peak summer weeks.
Where is Brandon?
It is located 197 km west of Winnipeg and 100 km north of the United States Border. Brandon has been nicknamed the "Wheat City" in honour of its rich agricultural heritage and reputation as a prosperous farming community. Brandon is the little city with the big heart and is a progressive community with a quality of life that must be experienced to be appreciated.
Brandon Fast Facts:
- Second largest city in Manitoba
- Safe, multicultural city
- Vibrant and growing community
- Brandon’s population: 46,000 people
- Trading area: 180,000 people
Brandon has four distinct seasons and many activities to keep you fit and entertained. With -20 C winters, hot prairie summers, hiking and biking outdoors, provincial/national parks teeming with wildlife, festivals, concerts and cultural activities await, just imagine the stories you will have for your family about the true north!
Around The College
2017 Assiniboine Courage Award DinnerView Details
Assiniboine helping to clear a path to education and jobsRead Post
Assiniboine unveils priorities for Parkland Campus, announces permanent nursing programRead Post
Community joins to celebrate Assiniboine graduation in Ebb & FlowRead Post
Don Penny to receive inaugural Courage AwardRead Post
Industrial Metals Fabrication Information NightView Details
Student Spotlight: Thomas HinchRead Post
Team Assiniboine brings home hardware from Skill ManitobaRead Post