FAQs | Early Childhood Education | Assiniboine Community College
  • School Of Health & Human Services


    800.862.6307 ex 6228 (toll free)


Frequently Asked Questions

  • How can I transfer credits I have taken at another school?

    Students would need to submit an official original transcript with a completed 'Application for Credit' in order to have your previous courses evaluated.

    The decision is based on content and duration of instruction. Previous coursework must carry a minimum grade of 'C+' and have been completed within the last five years. You may be required to provide a course outline for the previously completed course.

  • Where do I get my books?

    You can order or pick up your books from the Assiniboine Bookstore at the Victoria Avenue East Campus, which is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.  Visit the college bookstore’s website to learn more.

  • Can I obtain credit for past work and informal or formal education and training if it is related?

    Yes. As long as you have the equivalent of two full years of work experience in an early childhood setting, you are eligible to pursue credit through the Prior Learning Assesment and Recognition (PLAR) process.  You may also be eligible for transfer of credit for related post-secondary education completed at the college or university level.

  • What is the average wage?

    The average starting salary ranges from $15.50 - $17.50 per hour.

  • Where can I find information regarding registration for a 40 Hour Course?

    You can find information regarding registration for the 40 Hour Course by clicking here.

Fast Facts

Duration/Start 2 years

Credential Diploma

Credits 136.00

Optional Exit No

Co-op Work Placement No

Distance Delivery Yes

International Students No

Study Options
On Campus
Distance Education
Open to International Students



Student Spotlight - Tammy Munro

Second-year student, Tammy Munro, shares her experiences in the Early Childhood Education program.

Read More