Info For Parents | Assiniboine Community College

Info For Parents

Can I get information about my child’s grades or attendance from someone at Assiniboine Community College (ACC)?

If your child is at least 18 years old, we can’t share any private information (including information about their school performance) without their written consent.

What kind of money is available to assist my child with their studies?

ACC offers thousands of dollars to students each year in the form of bursaries and scholarships. Some depend on academic performance (high grades), but others depend service to the community, or financial need. Each needs an application, but we encourage all students to apply at

Are there jobs available on campus?

Students are advised to check the ACC website for information about jobs for students ( We also try to keep an up-to-date job board for students at

Will my child have access to a drug and dental plan?

Yes. The Student Association manages that for all students. See for details.

My child has a disability. How can we be sure that the appropriate accommodations are made at ACC?

Please have your son or daughter make arrangements to see their Student Success Advisor.  Please call 800.862.6307 or 204.725.8700 ext 6639 to make an appointment. Further details about Accessibility and Disability at ACC can be found at

What about bus passes – are they available?

Yes. Students will receive those during Xplore ACC.

If my child needs parking, where do they go?

Parking fees are assessed for non-electrical and electrical spots. Students should go to cashier at the front counter of the Registrar’s Office to make arrangements for parking.

Are lockers available?

Yes. Students will be assigned lockers by their program staff members.

My child is really good at sports. Who do we contact to see about try-outs for a team?

Contact the Athletics Manager at

Around The College