It is considered one of the greatest honours of Graduation to be chosen to deliver the Valedictorian Address.
The Assiniboine Community College Students’ Association (ACCSA) will select a Valedictorian to represent the class of 2017 at the graduation ceremony to be held on June 1, 2017. The Valedictorian selected will be required to speak at convocation. In order to qualify for the position of Valedictorian, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a graduating student from a program offered at the Victoria Avenue East Campus or the North Hill Campus
- Have a minimum G.P.A of 3.0
- Have a history of student involvement at ACC
- Complete an application form (click here), as well as a 500-word essay
- The application must be supported by two ACC graduating students and two ACC faculty or staff members
- Selected applicants must be available for an interview with the selection committee
The applications will be evaluated and selected based on the following:
- academic performance
- extra-curricular activities
- contribution to college life
- answers given on this form
- answers given in the interview
The application deadline is April 18, 2017 at 4 p.m. Please drop off all completed application forms to the ACCSA office in room 413 (Victoria Avenue East campus) or send all completed forms and the essay via email to email@example.com.
All applicants will be notified in writing of the committee's decision prior to graduation.
Students graduating from Parkland Campus and ACC's Adult Collegiate will receive information about nominating their Valedictorian directly from admin staff at their campus.
Around The College
2017 Assiniboine Courage Award DinnerView Details
Assiniboine helping to clear a path to education and jobsRead Post
Assiniboine unveils priorities for Parkland Campus, announces permanent nursing programRead Post
Community joins to celebrate Assiniboine graduation in Ebb & FlowRead Post
Don Penny to receive inaugural Courage AwardRead Post
Industrial Metals Fabrication Information NightView Details
Student Spotlight: Thomas HinchRead Post
Team Assiniboine brings home hardware from Skill ManitobaRead Post