Together, Assiniboine alumni can clear a path to education for future alumni.
Assiniboine’s alumni community has raised close to $60,000 over the past three years. Donations to Funding Futures go directly to financial awards for students.
In 2020 academic year, Assiniboine dispersed over $439,000 in financial awards to 338 students:
- $46,800 in Cougars athletic awards
- 170 individual bursaries totaling more than $230,000
- 27 new One to Watch entrance awards, a $1,000 award available to every high school in Manitoba and provided to a graduating student attending Assiniboine
- 10 new entrance awards for students who already have a Canadian credential and are entering into an advanced diploma at Assiniboine
- 19 Mature Student High School awards, $10,000 committed to students who continue into post-secondary education at Assiniboine.
- $6,000 allocated to the new Indigenous Leadership entrance award and Indigenous Achievement bridging award.
Join your fellow alumni community by supporting this year’s Funding Futures campaign. No gift is too small in pursuit of our goal of supporting future Assiniboine alumni.
Donating is quick and easy. Your one-time or reoccurring gift can be made through PayPal
If you would like to discuss your donation and the options available for designating your gift or learn more about planned giving options, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 204.725.8722.
You may also use our Assiniboine Alumni Giving Campaign Pledge Form
Making a Difference
I went to class every day to work on my assignments, to share my opinions, but above all else – to learn. I was constantly working towards my goals in the program, and it was nice to get some recognition for my efforts.
“Getting the Academic Leadership Award took away a lot of stress that I was having about my practicum at the end of the academic year.
— Dallas Flett-Wapash
Interactive Media Arts, class of 2017
I feel very appreciative to have received these awards. I am genuinely grateful to have been a recipient and to have been selected amongst many candidates. I am also deeply respectful to the donors who provide these student awards.
“If it weren’t for donors, many deserving individuals would be held back by finances or wouldn’t be recognized for their hard work and determination.
— Lindsay Sanderson
Business Administration, class of 2017
Receiving a scholarship was the difference between going to school and not. I was so grateful to get the extra financial help…it really made the final decision as to whether I would attend college or not.
— Brooke Huculak
Police Studies, class of 2016