Full Time, Regular
Competition #: 78-23/24
Salary: $62,187 to $92,384 annually ($32.99 to $49.01 hourly)
(Educational Supplement: Masters $1.52/hour; PhD $3.03/hour)
Assiniboine Community College has been providing exceptional learning experiences that have been transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research for more than 60 years. Reporting to the Chairperson or Program Coordinator, Instructors are primarily responsible for the development and delivery of curricula and evaluation of student performance relating to the divisions' on and off-campus program. Instructors assist with assigned activities including college promotion, student recruitment, student placement, industry liaison and various administrative functions.
This instructor position will be assigned Practicum Coordinator with coordinator allowance ($2,900/annual) and supervisory allowance ($2,355.60/annual). This is a rural rotating position that requires continual travel throughout the many locations in Manitoba.
Be Passionate and Take Initiative with these Responsibilities:
- Instruct students in a classroom, laboratory or shop situation, and provide academic assistance during consultation hours.
- Modify and/or develop course objectives, course outlines, curricula and evaluation procedures and instruments.
- Prepare and maintain all course-related records including evaluation, attendance records, and submit information as required.
- Identify, prepare and organize course materials and learning resources for course delivery.
- Share passion and knowledge of the nursing profession with students in the program.
- Enthusiasm that can be applied to classroom management, student evaluation, academic advising and related administrative duties will be essential.
- Well-informed about the role of the CLPNM, the Practical Nurse entry-level competencies, scope of practice and other regulatory requirements of our students and the Licensed Practical Nurse in Manitoba.
Be able to deliver results by having:
- We are looking for someone who loves to communicate, wants to share their knowledge and is committed to creating exceptional learning experiences for our students.
- Relevant post-secondary nursing education and significant industry experience in acute care
- Teaching in an adult environment is highly desirable along with experience using Moodle an asset.
- Appropriate nursing credential and other relevant post-secondary education,
- Registered and in good standing with CRNM, CRPNM or CLPNM, and have relevant experience in teaching (theory, lab, and clinical).
- Solid understanding of program and curriculum development, Indigenization and decolonization of curriculum, classroom instruction, assessment and evaluation, student advising and group facilitation.
- Well-developed technical skills, particularly in Microsoft Word,
- Highly developed communication skills, strong organizational skills, and be able to work effectively as part of the Practical Nursing team.
Assiniboine Community College is committed to ensuring that its policies, practices, and systems are free of barriers, emphasize the value of diversity, and promote full participation to ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all employees. Requests for an accommodation can be made at any point during the recruitment process by contacting 204.725.8729 or email@example.com.
Assiniboine welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, including Indigenous peoples, persons of all abilities, members of visible minorities, all genders and sexual orientations, and all other groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Assiniboine’s campuses are located on the traditional territories of Treaty No. 1 and Treaty No. 2, and the shared traditional lands of Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene and Anishinabek/Ojibwe peoples, and the homeland of the Métis Nation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter with reference to Competition #78-23/24 to:
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.