For the most current information on campus access, healthy and safety guidelines and operations, visit assiniboine.net/campus-covid. Still have questions? Email email@example.com and we'll help you get the information you're looking for.
The latest on COVID-19 response at Assiniboine
Thursday, August 19, 2021 - Assiniboine issues a statement on COVID-19 vaccination policy
Assiniboine Community College has announced it will be pursuing the adoption of a policy regarding COVID-19 vaccine mandates. This policy would generally require all students, staff, contractors and visitors to the campus to be vaccinated.
Thursday, August 5, 2021 - Campuses remain mandatory mask environments
On August 3, the Province of Manitoba announced that effective Saturday, August 7, new public health orders would come into effect that would shift from requirements to recommendations in many cases. This included lifting masking requirements.
Assiniboine Community College campuses and sites will continue to be mandatory mask environments and we require staff and students to wear some form of face covering in classrooms, shops and labs. For example, in places other than classrooms, shops and labs, once seated and physically distanced, individuals may remove their mask for the purpose of eating or drinking.
The exemptions for people unable to wear a mask provided under the public health orders will also continue to apply, though these situations have been extremely rare in the college environment.
College Hosted Events
- Please refer to assiniboine.net/events or event organizers for the most up-to-date information on cancellations of events.
- June graduation ceremonies have been postponed until late October.
- Program information and financial aid sessions have moved to an online format. Spend a Day, and campus group tours are cancelled for the remainder of this academic term.
Physical distancing refers to measures to minimize close contact between people. These measures include things like avoiding handshaking, avoiding mass gatherings, maintaining distance between people when possible, and avoiding large gatherings of people.
- Effective immediately, external gym bookings are suspended. If you have any questions, please contact the scheduling coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 204.725.8751. Full refunds will be issued to those impacted by this change.
- Continued awareness and education efforts related to hygiene, physical contact, and social distancing are underway for the college community.
- Students or staff who may be experiencing symptoms should not travel to campus and should follow the advice given by public health professionals.
- Students or staff who believe they may have come into contact with COVID-19 should contact Health Links – Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 for information and advice on what to do.
- Staff travel for college business outside of Manitoba is suspended effective immediately until further notice. Any exceptions to this must seek the approval of the president.
- The Government of Canada has established guidelines regarding self-monitoring and self-isolation for those returning from international destinations. We continue to expect the college community to seek out the most up-to-date information here so they may protect themselves and others.
- Current public health orders require anyone who arrives in Manitoba or returns from travel, from outside of Manitoba must self-isolate and self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days following their return unless fully vaccinated. Please visit the Province of Manitoba's website which outlines which regions outside of Manitoba require a 14-day self isolation period: manitoba.ca/covid19/protection/soe.html#current
Public health and other local authorities will guide Assiniboine Community College, including fulfilling responsibilities to institute community containment measures and infection control measures.
This page sources information from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and Province of Manitoba.