For the most current information on campus access, healthy and safety guidelines and operations, visit assiniboine.net/campus-covid. Still have questions? Email email@example.com and we'll help you get the information you're looking for.
The latest on COVID-19 response at Assiniboine
Updates Made to this page
- Wednesday, October 27 - Addition of requirements for visitors on campus to be fully vaccinated starting November 12.
- Saturday, October 23 - Uploaded direct link to Vaccination Verification portal for students and staff to upload proof of vaccination
- Tuesday, October 19 - Featured content boxes added to this page to assist students, staff and the public navigate COVID-19 information and FAQs on the website.
- Friday, October 15 - Additional FAQs and clarification for students and staff on the implementation of the COVID Campus Access page. View here
- Thursday, August 19 - Assiniboine issues a statement on COVID-19 vaccination policy. View full statement here.
- Thursday, August 5 - Campuses remain mandatory mask environments. Assiniboine Community College campuses and sites will continue to be mandatory mask environments and we require staff and students to wear some form of face covering in classrooms, shops and labs. For example, in places other than classrooms, shops and labs, once seated and physically distanced, individuals may remove their mask for the purpose of eating or drinking.
COVID Campus Access Policy (Vaccine Mandate)
For Staff & Students
Our COVID-19 Campus Access Policy will put in place requirements for students and staff to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by December 6 or submit to regular testing to show a negative COVID-19 test to access Assiniboine’s campuses (Victoria Avenue East, North Hill, Parkland, Winnipeg, Portage la Prairie and Arborg).
Starting November 12, 2021, all visitors coming on campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are required to log their visit attesting to their vaccination status. No testing alternative is in place for visitors. Read more here.
- Staff travel for college business outside of Manitoba is suspended effective immediately until further notice. Any exceptions to this must seek the approval of the president.
- The Government of Canada has established guidelines regarding self-monitoring and self-isolation for those returning from international destinations. We continue to expect the college community to seek out the most up-to-date information here so they may protect themselves and others.
- Current public health orders require anyone who arrives in Manitoba or returns from travel, from outside of Manitoba must self-isolate and self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days following their return unless fully vaccinated. Please visit the Province of Manitoba's website which outlines which regions outside of Manitoba require a 14-day self isolation period: manitoba.ca/covid19/protection/soe.html#current
Public health and other local authorities will guide Assiniboine Community College, including fulfilling responsibilities to institute community containment measures and infection control measures.