School of Business
Full time, Regular
Salary: $49,647 to $57,194
Classification: Administrative Officer
Assiniboine Community College has been providing exceptional learning experiences that have been transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research for more than 60 years.
Working under the direction of the Dean, the administrative officer manages overall administrative functions of the School of Business by leading a team of administrative assistants and provides direct support to the Dean, and Chairperson for all programming, regardless of location or mode of delivery.
Be Passionate and Taking Initiative with these Responsibilities:
- Initiate, develop/design, implement and refine administrative procedures and processes in relation to centre and college needs, determining best methods, priorities and actions to be taken to ensure responsibilities and deadlines are met.
- Ensure consistency of the school’s administrative practices with those of the college in accordance with college policies and procedures, as well as relevant legislation/policies of external agencies.
- Direct and monitor administrative support staff on established procedures, work priorities and timelines.
- Coordinate the preparation/revision of calendars, program guides, program information sheets, orientation packages, and promotional documents.
- Under the direction of the Dean, coordinate the preparation and submission of staffing, operating, and capital budgets and assist the Chairs in identifying and analysing any issues/inaccuracies.
- Prepare estimates of program costs.
Being able to deliver results by having:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in an area related to administration
- A minimum of five years of related experience in roles that demonstrate a broad range of complex administrative functions.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, databases, email and the internet
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to set goals, establish priorities and work independently.
- Knowledge of the organization and structure of the college
- Supervisory, leadership and management skills
This competition will remain open until filled.
We thank you for your interest. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Assiniboine Community College is committed to ensuring that its policies, practices, and systems are free of barriers, emphasize the value of diversity, and promote full participation to ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all employees. Accommodation requests are welcome at any point during the recruitment process by contacting 204.725.8729 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is available in alternate formats upon request.
Assiniboine welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, including Indigenous peoples, persons of all abilities, members of visible minorities, all genders and sexual orientations, and all other groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Assiniboine’s campuses are located on the traditional territories of Treaty No. 1 and Treaty No. 2, and the shared traditional lands of Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene and Anishinabek/Ojibwe peoples, and the homeland of the Métis nation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Assiniboine Community College
c/o Human Resources
1430 Victoria Avenue East, Brandon, Manitoba R7A 2A9
Fax 204.725.8736 or email email@example.com