2x Full-time, Regular
Salary: $38,697 - $48,115 per annum ($20.46 – $25.44 per hour)
Classification: Clerk 3
Assiniboine Community College has been providing exceptional learning experiences that have been transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research for more than 60 years. The Admissions/Registration Clerk is responsible for administrative functions related to admissions and registrations processes, which involves using a customer-centred approach to process applications and registering students in both on-campus and off-campus programs and courses. They also communicate information regarding programs, admission requirements and procedures, registration and graduation requirements and procedures, program and course fees as well as provide general administrative support within the department.
Be Passionate and Taking Initiative with these Responsibilities:
- Works as a member of the Admissions / Registrations teams but also independently with responsibility for their own portfolio of programs in accordance with institutional policies and procedures (provincial/federal as applicable).
- Using the college’s Management Information System (MIS), performs admissions activities such as assessing program applications for completeness, determining and initiating requests for additional information and/or payment for all incomplete applications, assessing applicants for acceptability for programs by comparing application information to admission requirements, and processing application fees and tuition deposits.
- Responsible for ensuring that all students are registered in the correct course/section for their program areas, including liaising with school/student regarding part-time schedules.
- Communicates registration status to students regarding their schedule and fees.
- Determines and applies student tuition and other fees (example: parking, printing). Maintains a daily cash drawer and float system.
- Provides frontline customer counter service to students as well as general information to visitors.
- Liaises with student, school, or finance as needed regarding registration restrictions and follows-up to process once restriction is lifted.
- Assists with Graduation ceremonies.
Being able to deliver results by having:
- Working knowledge of a Management Information System, preferably Colleague. Incumbents will become proficient in transactional screens in Colleague and possess a superior knowledge of Colleague.
- Experience working with windows-based software.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures related to the admissions/registration responsibilities.
- Data accuracy is an essential skill; the ability to review own work, complete complex multi-screen actions alongside dealing with customers is required.
- Maintain strong interpersonal/oral communication skills, customer service, organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work on one’s own initiative to see complex matters through to completion or escalate to manager if needed.
Assiniboine Community College is committed to ensuring that its policies, practices, and systems are free of barriers, emphasize the value of diversity, and promote full participation to ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all employees. Accommodation requests are welcome at any point during the recruitment process by contacting 204.725.8729 or email@example.com. This posting is available in alternate formats upon request.
Assiniboine welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, including Indigenous peoples, persons of all abilities, members of visible minorities, all genders and sexual orientations, and all other groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Assiniboine’s campuses are located on the traditional territories of Treaty No. 1 and Treaty No. 2, and the shared traditional lands of Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene and Anishinabek/Ojibwe peoples, and the homeland of the Métis nation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please visit our careers website for more details: https://assiniboine.net/community/working-assiniboine/careers-assiniboine
or email your resume and cover letter with reference to Competition #27-23/24 to:
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.