Assistant, President’s Office
Full-Time, Term (ASAP till June 28, 2024)
Assiniboine Community College strives to create Exceptional Learning Experiences for our students. We place a high priority on student success and are committed to building an environment that creates and supports a high level of student engagement. The college is seeking a dedicated administrative professional to provide support to the President of Assiniboine Community College.
Some Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide administrative support, both in person and by telephone, email, and fax to the President’s Office.
- Using a wide variety of computer programs and strong language proficiency and proofreading skills the position supports the President and the President’s office team by keying and preparing letters, agendas, and minutes.
- Organizes and arranges various special events or activities that are hosted by the Office of the President and/or the Board of Governors.
- Reviews, prepares, monitors, and submits attendance records and expense claims for the President’s Office.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other
- Excellent knowledge and use of the Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to learn new software.
- Superior customer service skills, excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to set goals and priorities, plan and make decisions, and support the outcome.
- Project a professional and positive image.
- Positive attitude toward change; recognize and respect diversity and individual differences; and be able to work as a team member.
- Ability to identify and respect confidential and sensitive issues.
Assiniboine Community College is committed to ensuring that its policies, practices, and systems are free of barriers, emphasize the value of diversity, and promote full participation to ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all employees. Requests for an accommodation can be made at any point during the recruitment process by contacting 204.725.8729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assiniboine welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, including Indigenous peoples, persons of all abilities, members of visible minorities, all genders and sexual orientations, and all other groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Assiniboine’s campuses are located on the traditional territories of Treaty No. 1 and Treaty No. 2, and the shared traditional lands of Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene and Anishinabek/Ojibwe peoples, and the homeland of the Métis Nation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter with reference to Competition #42-23/24 to:
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will b