Status: Full-time Term (November 6, 2023 to February 23, 2024)
Competition #: 52-2324
Sandy Bay Ojibway First Nation, MB
Salary: $40,550 to $47,302 annually
Classification: Educational Assistant 1
Assiniboine Community College has been providing exceptional learning experiences that have been transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research for more than 60 years.
In partnership with Sandy Bay Ojibway First Nation, ACC is seeking a full-time term Educational Assistant to provide support to students and the instructor in its four-month Beef and Pork Processing program. Reporting to the chairperson or program coordinator, Educational Assistants are primarily responsible for supporting the instructor in class on the delivery of curricula and evaluation of Meat Cutting and Processing performance.
Be Passionate and Take Initiative with these Responsibilities:
- Assist instructor with classroom and lab activities
- Individual and small group assistance to students in:
- Variety of courses including Beef Processing, Pork Processing, Knife Skills, Sausage Making and Curing
- Organization/assignment and workload planning
- Test taking and test anxiety
- Computer software use
- Support students with course material, lab work, organizational, assignment and workload planning
Be able to deliver results by having:
- Someone who loves to communicate, wants to share their knowledge and is committed to creating exceptional learning experiences for our students
- Relevant and significant industry experience in Meat Cutting and Processing is an asset
- Minimum one year’s experience
- Ability to set goals, establish priorities and work independently
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Well-developed technical skills, particularly in Microsoft Office
Assiniboine Community College is committed to ensuring that its policies, practices, and systems are free of barriers, emphasize the value of diversity, and promote full participation to ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all employees. A request for an accommodation or to request this document in an alternative format, can be made at any point during the recruitment process by contacting 204.725.8729 or email@example.com.
Assiniboine welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, including Indigenous peoples, persons of all abilities, members of visible minorities, all genders and sexual orientations, and all other groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Assiniboine’s campuses are located on the traditional territories of Treaty No. 1 and Treaty No. 2, and the shared traditional lands of Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene and Anishinabek/Ojibwe peoples, and the homeland of the Métis Nation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter with reference to Competition #52-23/24 to:
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request this document in an alternative format if necessary.