Faculty Development Coach
Centre of Learning & Innovation
Full Time, Regular
Salary: $58,764 to $87,303 annual ($31.07 to $46.16 hourly)
(Educational supplement: Masters $1.45/hour, PHD $2.89/hour)
Assiniboine Community College has been providing exceptional learning experiences that have been transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research for more than 60 years.
Reporting to the Director the incumbent plays a key role in the encouragement and development of pedagogical skills among ACC faculty, supporting faculty to achieve teaching excellence, positively impacting the student experience, and supporting programs to achieve academic and quality goals.
Be Passionate and Taking Initiative with these Responsibilities:
- Coaches instructors in effective teaching and student support including areas such as: instructional techniques and technologies, universal design, assessment strategies, active learning, and classroom management, trauma informed practices, equity, diversity and inclusive practices.
- Coaches instructors in the design and development of quality curriculum per ACC’s academic plan and quality assurance framework
- Facilitates professional development and training workshops for instructional staff, including topics such as: blueprinting, curriculum design, course outlines, assessment, rubric design and other relevant topics for faculty training.
- Responds to instructor requests and collaborates with Chairs and Deans to coach faculty identifying as needing additional support.
- Develops tools and resources to support faculty in the implementation of College priorities, including the Academic Plan, Academic Charter, Internationalization, Indigenization Strategy, and relevant college policy
- Working with the Director and other members of the Learning Commons team, provides advice on course development for quality assurance.
- Prepares instructional design templates to facilitate quality in courses on ACC’s LMS (MOODLE)
- Guides faculty in the use of Open Educational Resources (OER)
Being able to deliver results by having:
- Masters’ degree preferred, Bachelors degree with related experience.
- Extensive and varied instructional experience including program and curriculum development, instructional design, classroom instruction, and use of educational learning technologies.
- Experience or demonstrated interest in coaching others.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, and open to emerging trends.
- Ability to use digital tools and media technologies to support teaching and learning.
- Strong project management skills, ability to meet deadlines x Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Collaborative and creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- A sustained and high degree of initiative and collaborative demeanor are expected.
Assiniboine Community College is committed to ensuring that its policies, practices, and systems are free of barriers, emphasize the value of diversity, and promote full participation to ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all employees. Requests for an accommodation can be made at any point during the recruitment process by contacting 204.725.8729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assiniboine welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, including Indigenous peoples, persons of all abilities, members of visible minorities, all genders and sexual orientations, and all other groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Assiniboine’s campuses are located on the traditional territories of Treaty No. 1 and Treaty No. 2, and the shared traditional lands of Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene and Anishinabek/Ojibwe peoples, and the homeland of the Métis Nation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter with reference to Competition #45-23/24 to:
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.