Agriculture Business &
School of Agriculture and Environment
Competition # 125-22/23
Salary: $58,764 to $87,303 annual ($31.07 to $46.16 hourly)
(Educational Supplement: Master’s degree $2,725 per annum; PhD $5,450 per annum)
Assiniboine Community College provides exceptional learning experiences, transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research for more than 60 years.
Assiniboine’s two-year Agribusiness program combines agriculture, technology, and business for an in-depth education in one of Canada's largest industries. We provide students with the big picture, with hands-on learning through labs, field trips and projects, and a dynamic, student-focused atmosphere of small classes and experienced faculty.
Be Passionate and Taking Initiative with these Responsibilities:
- Instruct students in a classroom or field training situation and provide academic assistance during consultation hours.
- Modify and/or develop course objectives, course outlines, curricula and evaluation procedures and instruments.
- Teach Agribusiness Management and Commodity Marketing courses to our Agribusiness students alongside other foundational courses such as agricultural math, commodity marketing, agricultural economics, and farm safety.
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary faculty in horticulture, sustainable foods, environmental technologies, agribusiness, and culinary arts, as well as with other stakeholders in the community and the province.
- Prepare and maintain all course-related records including evaluation, attendance records, and submit information as required.
- Identify, prepare, and organize course materials and learning resources for course delivery.
Being able to deliver results by having:
- Post-secondary education in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Business, Agricultural Economics or Financial Accounting or a closely related discipline with appropriate industry experience.
- Post-secondary teaching experience, including curriculum development, is an asset.
- possess extensive industry experience in the marketing and sale of crop commodities as well as the functionality behind commodity markets.
- knowledge in the areas of grain grading and the logistics of grain movement domestically and internationally is an asset.
- Proficient with national and international economic policies and current events and how they impact various agricultural enterprises.
- The understanding of taxation and succession planning on such enterprises and the ability to communicate agricultural accounting and financial concepts through industry specific platforms such as Ag Expert is also expected.
- The position offers opportunities to pursue research, public service, and extension activities in a variety of environments. Experience or evidence of ability to pursue an applied research program is an asset.
This competition will remain open until filled.
We thank you for your interest. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Assiniboine Community College is committed to ensuring that its policies, practices, and systems are free of barriers, emphasize the value of diversity, and promote full participation to ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all employees. Accommodation requests are welcome at any point during the recruitment process by contacting 204.725.8729 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is available in alternate formats upon request.
Assiniboine welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, including Indigenous peoples, persons of all abilities, members of visible minorities, all genders and sexual orientations, and all other groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Assiniboine’s campuses are located on the traditional territories of Treaty No. 1 and Treaty No. 2, and the shared traditional lands of Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene and Anishinabek/Ojibwe peoples, and the homeland of the Métis nation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Assiniboine Community College
c/o Human Resources
1430 Victoria Avenue East, Brandon, Manitoba R7A 2A9
Fax 204.725.8736 or email email@example.com