Instructor - Mature Student High School
Little Grand Rapids FN, MB
Full time, Term (September 11, 2023 – June 28, 2024)
Competition #: 46-23/24
Salary: $58,764 - $87,303 per annum ($31.07 - $46.16 hourly)
(Educational Supplement: Master’s degree $2,725 per annum; PhD $5,450 per annum)
Assiniboine Community College has been providing exceptional learning experiences that have been transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research for more than 60 years.
ACC is looking for someone to teach the following courses: Adult Basic Education ELA and Math, Essential Math 30S and 40S, and ELA Language Arts 30S and 40S, and other electives. The program is designed to prepare adult students for post-secondary studies. The program will be delivered in-person at Little Grand Rapids First Nation, Manitoba.
Be Passionate and Taking Initiative with these Responsibilities:
- By providing a supportive yet challenging learning environment for a diverse group of adult students.
- Modify and/or develop course objectives, course outlines, curricula and evaluation procedures
- Curriculum delivery, classroom management, student evaluation, and related administrative duties will be ongoing responsibilities.
- Instruct students in a classroom and provide academic assistance during consultation hours
- Prepare and maintain all course-related records including evaluation, attendance records and submit information as required
- By providing students with relevant experience and background in courses you teach. Previous experience in teaching adult learners would be an asset.
Being able to deliver results by having:
- Bachelor of Education degree and/or Manitoba Teaching certificate is considered an asset.
- Strong communication, organizational and critical thinking skills will support your enthusiasm to instruct
- Computer literacy and ready to provide instruction in face-to-face formats
- Familiarity with a Learner Management System is also an asset
Assiniboine Community College is committed to ensuring that its policies, practices, and systems are free of barriers, emphasize the value of diversity, and promote full participation to ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all employees. Requests for an accommodation can be made at any point during the recruitment process by contacting 204.725.8729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assiniboine welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, including Indigenous peoples, persons of all abilities, members of visible minorities, all genders and sexual orientations, and all other groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Assiniboine’s campuses are located on the traditional territories of Treaty No. 1 and Treaty No. 2, and the shared traditional lands of Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene and Anishinabek/Ojibwe peoples, and the homeland of the Métis Nation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter with reference to Competition #46-23/24 to:
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
you for your interest. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.