School of Trades
Full Time, Term (Aug 14, 2023 – Dec 29, 2023)
Full Time, Term (Jan 2, 2024 – May 17, 2024)
Competition #: 118-22/23
Brandon, MB – North Hill - LECTT
Salary: $58,764 to $87,303 annual ($31.07 to $46.16 hourly)
(Educational supplement: Masters $1.45/hour, PHD $2.89/hour)
Assiniboine Community College has been providing exceptional learning experiences that have been transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research for more than 60 years. Reporting to the Chairperson or Program Coordinator, Instructors are primarily responsible for the development and delivery of curricula and evaluation of student performance. Instructors also assist with assigned activities including college promotion, industry liaison and various administrative functions in addition to their instructional duties.
Be Passionate and Taking Initiative with these Responsibilities:
- Instruct students in a classroom or field training situation and provide academic assistance during consultation hours.
- Modify and/or develop course objectives, course outlines, curricula and evaluation procedures and instruments.
- Prepare and maintain all course-related records including evaluation, attendance records, and submit information as required.
- Identify, prepare, and organize course materials and learning resources for course delivery.
- Share passion and knowledge of Heavy Equipment Operation and its pan-industry presence with students in the program.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and professionalism that can be applied to classroom management, student evaluation, academic advising, and related administrative duties
Being able to deliver results by having:
- We are looking for someone who loves to communicate, wants to share their knowledge and is committed to creating exceptional learning experiences for our students
- Relevant and significant industry experience in Plumbing
- Teaching in an adult environment is highly desirable (industry supervisory experience is an asset)
- Solid understanding or an ability to learn about of Indigenization and decolonization of curriculum, classroom instruction, assessment and evaluation, student advising and group facilitation.
- Well-developed technical skills, particularly in Microsoft Office
This competition will remain open until filled.
We thank you for your interest. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Assiniboine Community College is committed to ensuring that its policies, practices, and systems are free of barriers, emphasize the value of diversity, and promote full participation to ensure dignity, respect, and equal access for all employees. Accommodation requests are welcome at any point during the recruitment process by contacting 204.725.8729 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting is available in alternate formats upon request.
Assiniboine welcomes applications from all qualified candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada, including Indigenous peoples, persons of all abilities, members of visible minorities, all genders and sexual orientations, and all other groups protected by the Human Rights Code.
Assiniboine’s campuses are located on the traditional territories of Treaty No. 1 and Treaty No. 2, and the shared traditional lands of Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, Dene and Anishinabek/Ojibwe peoples, and the homeland of the Métis nation.
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Assiniboine Community College
c/o Human Resources
1430 Victoria Avenue East, Brandon, Manitoba R7A 2A9
Fax 204.725.8736 or email email@example.com