Work Opportunities | Assiniboine Community College
Work Opportunities

There are several opportunities for full-time international students to work in Canada. 

Working On Campus

You may work on-campus, if you are a full time student. However, Assiniboine has very, very few jobs for students.

Co-Op/Internship/Practicum (If the work is required in your academic program)

If your program has a compulsory, paid or unpaid work practicum or cooperative education component, you are entitled to work during the co-op/work experience period. You must apply for a work permit for this period.

Working Off-Campus

Most full-time international students in a post-secondary or advanced diploma program can use their study permit to work part-time in any type of employment for up to 20 hours per week and full-time during breaks. Check your study permit; it should include a condition allowing you to work part-time. Please visit for more information. 

Post-Graduate Work Permit

Students who have completed a program of at least eight months may be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit that allows them to work after program completion. Please visit for more information. 

Volunteer Work

You may volunteer in Canadian organizations. Many organizations have volunteers who provide a variety of services. These positions are unpaid, and volunteers may not do the work of regular paid employees. You do not need a work permit for these positions. 

Contact Assiniboine International at if you have questions.