Our grads say it all – 94% of grads seeking work have found employment. The majority of our programs include a cooperative work placement or a work practicum as a part of the curriculum, so you get experience in your field before graduation. It’s predicted that 75% of all new jobs will require some sort of post-secondary credential–we’ll get you career-ready!
Learn By Doing—This isn’t just our motto; it’s our educational philosophy. We provide exceptional learning experiences and many times that means taking you outside of a traditional classroom. Whether you’re growing plants in our sustainable greenhouse, creating a meal in our teaching kitchen or building a house from the ground up, we’ll make sure you get the hands-on experience you need so you’re fully prepared for your future.
We’re proud to partner with professional organizations and other post-secondary institutions to ensure your education takes you further. A popular option is the 2+2 program, allowing you to combine two years at ACC with two years at a partner university, earning you a diploma and a degree in just four years. And increasingly, we’re seeing more students attending ACC for hands-on college training to complement their previous university education.
Reasons Why You Should Study In Manitoba
Manitoba is an excellent choice to help you meet your education goals. Our education system and institutions are internationally recognized, with leading-edge facilities and first-rate instructors. Manitoba offers high quality, affordable education and training throughout the province in rural or urban settings.
- Affordable world-class education
- Internationally recognized diplomas and certificates
- Priority assessment eligibility for your Canadian permanent residency status**
- Work while you study and after you graduate
- Genuine English language immersion experiences
- Variety of recreational, cultural and entertainment activities
- Friendly urban centres and welcoming small rural towns
- International Education Act protects you while you study
** Visit Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for eligibility.
Manitoba Fun Facts:
* Manitoba is known as Canada’s friendliest province.
* Manitoba basks in more than 2,300 hours of bright sunshine per year with southern Manitoba enjoying up to 16 hours of daylight during peak summer weeks.
Where is Brandon?
It is located 197 km west of Winnipeg and 100 km north of the United States Border. Brandon has been nicknamed the "Wheat City" in honour of its rich agricultural heritage and reputation as a prosperous farming community. Brandon is the little city with the big heart and is a progressive community with a quality of life that must be experienced to be appreciated.
Brandon Fast Facts:
- Second largest city in Manitoba
- Safe, multicultural city
- Vibrant and growing community
- Brandon’s population: 46,000 people
- Trading area: 180,000 people
Brandon has four distinct seasons and many activities to keep you fit and entertained. With -20 C winters, hot prairie summers, hiking and biking outdoors, provincial/national parks teeming with wildlife, festivals, concerts and cultural activities await, just imagine the stories you will have for your family about the true north!
Around The College
2019 Student Achievement CelebrationView Details
Assiniboine Culinary Arts students win gold at national competitionRead Post
Assiniboine Foundation Legacy Gala DinnerView Details
Assiniboine offers new advanced diplomas in business, ag starting this SeptemberRead Post
Assiniboine refreshes its strategic directionRead Post
Brown & Olson Commit to Cougars Women's SoccerRead Post
Governments invest in Assiniboine's Field to Fork initiative.Read Post
IMAgine Video & Audio ChallengeView Details
Program Information SessionsView Details
Would you like (sweet potato) fries with that?Read Post