School of Trades & Technology - Technology
800.862.6307 (toll free)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I require tools for this program?
No tools are required.
Do I require protective clothing and/or footwear?
What are the start and end dates for the program?
We have one intake a year (September).
Spring Term (Co-op Work Placement)
Does this program have a work practicum or co-op work placement?
This program has a co-op work placement component which is usually completed after courses end for the Winter Term. This course requires a minimum of 480 hours of full-time , paid related work experience. The placement is normally 16 weeks in duration and is subject to prior approval of and monitoring by a designated faculty meember. Work experience acquired prior to registration in the program is not eligible for this credit.
What are examples of career possibilities upon the completion of this program?
Graduates of the Civil Technician program may find employment in the following areas:
- Consulting engineering and architectural firms
- Construction and development companies
- Inspection and testing agencies
- Fabricators and material suppliers
- Various department of municipal, provincial, and federal government services
Graduates are also eligible to enter the year two of the GIS Environmental Technologies diploma program (Infrastructure Specialization) at Assiniboine Community College or continue their studies at Red River College for a second year diploma in the following 6 options:
- Architectural/Engineering Technology
- Building Design CAD Technology
- Environmental Protection Technology
- Geomatics Technology
- Municipal Engineering Technology
- Structural Engineering Technology
Duration/Start 1 year/September
Optional Exit No
Co-op Work Placement Yes
Distance Delivery No
International Students Yes
Victoria Avenue East Campus
Open to International Students
$45,788 IS THE AVERAGE WAGE OF RECENT GRADS FROM THIS PROGRAM