Duration/Start: As needed / numerous
This program provides training for people requiring Manitoba Pesticide Applicator and/or Dealer Certification. Also included is the Aerial Recertification course for individuals wishing to acquire credit towards recertification.
To ensure safe pesticide use, the legislation requires all commercial pesticide applicators and retail pesticide dealers to be certified through ACC training and licenced through Manitoba Agriculture. Each license requires successful completion of the ‘Core’ course plus at least one other (category) course based on the work you will do. Manitoba Ag requires individuals to recertify every five years and license to be renewed each year.
There are multiple steps involved in obtaining your Pesticide license. To avoid disappointment, please allow a minimum of ten weeks for registration, study, administration, shipping and application processing. Exam re-writes and workshops require additional time.
- Confirm what courses you need based on the work you will do. For category descriptions, see Pesticide course descriptions.
- Course manuals (for home study) can be purchased from the Assiniboine Bookstore at a cost of $120 each and include a Field Guide to Crop Protection if necessary for the course.
- Pesticide workshops are optional but highly recommended. Workshops are designed to prepare you for Pesticide certification exams. For optimum benefit from a workshop, study in advance and bring your manual and questions with you. Also, select a workshop date that is scheduled to occur in advance nearest to the exam date you've chosen. Please see the 2017-18 Pesticide Workshop registration form.
- Select exam/date/location and register for each of your courses. Exams fees are $125 per exam. If an alternate date and/or location is desired, please contact 1.204.725.8700 ext 6716 to make arrangements for pre-approved testing. Please note, with the set-up of an alternate date/location, there is a non-refundable $100.00 fee that is applied to each exam. Registration for the upcoming exam dates opens on November 1st of each year. To register for pesticide exams, please use this registration form: 2017-18 Pesticide Exam Registration. For additional details, check FAQs on ACC's website as well as Manitoba Agriculture's website.
- Successfully completed exam(s): Within approximately two weeks of writing exam, you will receive a Final Grade Report(s) by mail informing you of your grade.