Mature Student High School
Duration/Start: Various dates
Credential: MSHS Diploma
Open the door to a world of exciting careers by upgrading your skills or earning your Mature Student High School Diploma. We have small class sizes and focused one-on-one instructor attention, with a schedule that fits your needs in either our day or evening programs.
Need to finish high school? Need to improve your grades? Missing a prerequisite for post-secondary studies? Been out of school for a long time? Our program is for you!
There is no application fee for Mature Student High School. There are small fees
We have two locations to serve you, in Brandon and Dauphin:
- In Brandon at 725 Rosser Avenue, our next day program intake starts and January 7, 2019.
- Evening classes are offered in Brandon on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5 to 7 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. The fall semester begins September 4, 2018, ending January 17, 2019. The winter semester begins January 22, 2019 until May 30, 2019.
- In Dauphin at 520 Whitmore Avenue, classes run on a semester system. The next intake there begins January 7, 2019 and ends May 3, 2019. There is one spring session offered May 6 to May 31, 2019.
Our programs have lots of learning options to meet your needs. Students have the ability to earn dual credits that count for both high school and college credit provided a preset percentage is attained. A personalized education plan is developed for each student based on their skills and future goals.
To enrol in the MSHS program, students must be out of high school 6 months or more.
To graduate with a Mature Student High School (MSHS) diploma:
- Students must earn a total of eight credits, four of which must be at the Grade 12 level.
- Grade 12 English and Grade 12 Mathematics are mandatory.
- Students must complete 30 credits, including four Physical/Health Education credits.
Credits earned from previously attended institutions may be applied towards graduation requirements. An official transcript is required in order to transfer credits.
Take the next Step
The first step is to book an appointment with a student success advisor in Brandon or Dauphin. Our advisor will meet with you and give you information about upgrading and which program option might be best for you, as well as discuss the application and registration process.
To book an appointment, please contact:
Adult Collegiate (Brandon)
204.725.8735 or toll-free 1.800.862.6307 ext 7134
Parkland Campus (Dauphin)