Articulation Agreements | Assiniboine Community College

Articulation Agreements

For many students, learning doesn't stop—or start—at Assiniboine. Whether you're attending Assiniboine with plans for further post-secondary education or coming to us with a post-secondary credential, we can be a part of your educational journey.

One option is to start by completing a two-year diploma at the college and then transferring to a partner university for two more years to earn a degree.

Other students come to us with a post-secondary credential and want to add a certificate, diploma or advanced diploma to their resume while acquiring skills to increase their competitiveness in the job market. Our connections with professional organizations allow our graduates to join a related professional organization or to gain advanced standing in their professional education programs.

If the program you're interested in is not listed below, it may mean that there is not currently an articulation agreement in place. For more information, please contact

Many students will find various other pathways to further their education when they have completed their credentials at Assiniboine Community College. Sometimes, universities and colleges will allow you to transfer credits into a new program. This allows you to complete additional schooling in a reduced amount of time while reducing the amount of tuition that you pay.

We do have these formal agreements that outline exact credit that students will receive. These are called articulation agreements. However, there are many other places that might accept your credential for transfer. To be successful with these pathway opportunities, you are encouraged to do a few things:

  1. Decide on a program pathway that may help you to achieve your career and life goals. This will take some research, but it is time well-spent.  Please note that although your Assiniboine instructors may be the first point of contact about some potential programs, they cannot tell you about the actual transfer credits that you will get at the other institution. That is something that the other institution will decide when they review your courses and the grades that you received in each.
  2. Investigate the program online, by sending email, or by making phone inquiries. Unfortunately, we cannot provide details about any transfer arrangements besides those in our articulation agreements. But, you might find some other opportunities to transfer into programs not covered in our agreements if you look around and ask some questions. In most cases, institutions will not tell you exactly which transfer credits you will get until you apply, but they will likely share general information about whether they grant transfer credits from your college program, what grades are required to be considered for transfer, etc.
  3. When you are contacting post-secondary institutions about opportunities for transfer credit, your inquiries should be directed to the Registrar’s Office. 
  4. If you are planning to transfer to another post-secondary institution, the Registrar’s Office there will need an official copy of your transcript.  This means that you will have to order it from the Registrar’s Office at Assiniboine and have it sent directly from us to them. If they receive a copy from you, they will consider it unofficial and may still require one sent directly from us. As soon as you have decided to apply to the other institution, request a copy of your transcript from us. We will send it along on your behalf so that your application for transfer can be evaluated.
  5. Other institutions will need to have copies of your course outlines from Assiniboine too. Please arrange to have those sent along with your applications for transfer.  If you no longer have these, please contact your School directly. Assiniboine's schools keep an archive of course outlines and make them available to students who need them.
  6. Besides providing the other institution with your academic information (transcript and course outline), you may have to give them evidence of some work that you have completed (e.g., an essay or class project). You may also have to complete an interview. Not all institutions will require these extras, but you should review the processes at each institution to prepare yourselves just in case.

We wish you all the best as you continue along your pathway of success. 

Agribusiness – Bachelor of Business Administration in Sustainability & International Business

Agribusiness – Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management

Agribusiness – University of Manitoba, BSc in Agricultural Business 

Agribusiness – University of Minnesota Crookston 

Agribusiness – University of Minnesota Crookston, BSc in Agronomy, Crop Production Emphasis

Agribusiness – University of Minnesota Crookston, BSc in Agronomy, Agronomic Science Emphasis

Business Administration – Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management

Hotel & Restaurant Management – Bachelor of Arts in Global Tourism Management

Hotel & Restaurant Management – Bachelor of Arts in International Hotel Management

Interactive Media Arts - Bachelor of Arts with Major in Public History - Brandon University

Network Administration Technology Diploma - Athabasca University BSc or BSc with Majors

Practical Nursing BScN – Brandon University 

Practical Nursing BScN Psychiatric Nursing - Brandon University  

Police Studies – Brandon University

Social Service Worker Transfer to Bachelor of Social Work – University of Manitoba


High School & Apprenticeship 

Please contact for information about active High School agreements.

Detailed information is also available for Assiniboine's Apprenticeship Manitoba Agreements.

Around The College