Use Your RESP And RRSP | Assiniboine Community College

Use Your RESP And RRSP


The Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP) allows you to withdraw money from your RRSP to pay for your own education or your spouse’s or common-law partner’s education. If certain conditions are met, you do not have to pay tax on the money when you withdraw it and you can pay the money back to your RRSP over a 10-year period.

For more information call 800.959.2221 or visit a Canadian Customs and Revenue office to obtain a copy of the Lifelong Learning Plan brochure or visit the CCRA website.


To use an RESP that has been set up in your name, contact the provider of that RESP to receive instructions on accessing the funds.  You may have to visit the Financial Aid & Awards Officer or the Registrar’s Office to sign paperwork required by your RESP provider.

Around The College