With changes to the public health orders coming into effect on June 26, the Fitness Centre will re-open on Tuesday, June 29.
The fitness room, located in room 521 at the college's Victoria Avenue East campus in Brandon, is free and available for all students and staff to use during regular campus hours (6 a.m. to 10 p.m.). Holiday closures apply.
The Fitness Centre at Victoria Avenue East is open with certain limitations:
- Patrons and staff must wear a mask in the facility at all times.
- A maximum of three people will be permitted in the Fitness Centre at one time.
- Staff and students wishing to use the facility MUST pre-book their time (see below).
- Sessions are limited to one-hour per person per day.
- The Centre will be open Monday to Friday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. excluding public holidays.
- Patrons are required to use the hand sanitizer stations at the entrance to the facility and practice physical distancing with anyone else in the facility.
- Patrons must wipe equipment before and after use with provided disinfecting supplies.
- No guests are permitted to be in the Centre, even if they accompany a student or staff member.
There are no exceptions to the above stated rules and limitations. All staff and students are welcome to use the Fitness Centre; they do not need to have their studies or their workspace based out of the Victoria Avenue East campus.
When booking your session at the Fitness Centre, please be mindful to share 'popular’ times.
Student swipe card access
If you are a first year student, collect your ID card from your school office or the Registrar’s Office. Once you have your ID card (or if you already have it), you take it to the IT office (room 613 at the Victoria Avenue East campus) to get the sticker for door access and your card will be programmed to allow you to enter the fitness facility. IT offices, room 613, is open between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday to Friday, use the phone outside the door to let the IT office know you’re there and they will assist you.
- free weights & mirror
- squat rack
- weight machines
- weighted exercise balls
- stretch/yoga mats & area
General Fitness Room Rules
- This fitness room is for the use of staff and students only.
- You require an access card from Computer Services to gain entry into the fitness room.
- Please do not allow outside guests to use your access card.
- Proper athletic attire is required at all time; clean shirt, shorts and indoor footwear.
- Please use the equipment properly and follow all directions.
- Limit time on equipment to 30 minutes when others are waiting to use the same equipment.
- Please sanitize equipment after each use. Wipes are available in the room.
- Return equipment to its proper place and re-rack all free weights in their proper place. Do not leave weights on bars.
- Do not prop the Fitness Room door open. Please use your card to regain access if leaving.
- For safety reasons, people under the age of 18 who are not students or staff are not permitted in the fitness room.
- The room is monitored by 24/7 video surveillance.
- Anyone in violation of any of these rules will have their privileges revoked.
If you have any question or concerns, please feel welcome to email FitnessRoom@assiniboine.net.