Updates made to this page
- Wednesday, April 1 at 9:00 a.m. to notify June graduation ceremonies postponed until October.
On April 22, 2020, the federal government announced the Canadian Emergency Student Benefit as well as additional supports for students and recent graduates impacted by COVID-19. You can learn more on the federal government's website.
Graduation Ceremonies Update
Please note: As a result of the current COVID-19 situation, June graduation ceremonies have been postponed to the week of October 26, 2020, to coincide with existing fall graduation dates. Assiniboine will communicate future information to graduating students directly via their student email accounts and, on our website: 2020 Graduation Ceremonies webpage.
When will I receive my credential?
Graduating students will be mailed their credential in early June. Please ensure we have your correct mailing address by confirming your address in MyACC. If your address needs updating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible from your Assiniboine email account and we will update it for you.
Assiniboine Community College shall confer approved credentials to qualifying students at graduation ceremonies following successful completion of all institutional and program requirements.
To fulfill program graduation requirements and earn an approved credential, students must meet each of the following:
- Successfully complete all program and course requirements of an approved program of study.
- Achieve a minimum grade of D per course as indicated in the calendar in compliance with academic policies. For courses where a minimum course grade higher than D is required to fulfill graduation requirements for a specific program, these requirements will be specified in the calendar.
- Achieve a minimum graduation grade point average (GGPA) of 2.00.
- Fulfill all program and institution regulations as indicated in the calendar and in compliance with academic policies.
- Successfully complete all program and course requirements within program time limits. The college requires program completion within five years. Exceptions may be granted in cases of extenuating circumstances.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Meet the academic residency requirement for their program. The normal requirement is that students complete at least 50% of program credits through Assiniboine Community College.
The process for graduation and details of graduation ceremonies will be published on their respective graduation ceremonies pages. Communication with students and graduates will be through an official college email.
President Mark Frison surprises 2020 graduates
For six Assiniboine graduates, a surprise came early when college president Mark Frison hand-delivered their parchments in June 2020. Certificates and diplomas were presented to each graduate, abiding by the provincial public health recommended physical distance.