The Learning Curve
Your One-Stop Shop for Academic Needs
The Learning Curve/Learning Hub in Brandon are one-stop shops for your academic support needs; you can also find us at the Parkland and Winnipeg campuses. Our staff offer individualized academic support to help you meet your goals while you attend Assiniboine.
Students can drop by or schedule appointments with Learning Curve staff before classes even start! If you are even a little bit worried about your college courses, contact the Learning Curve early to see what kind of help is available. There’s no need to wait; you can book online at your convenience. Our secure booking site is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. You even get text and email reminders once you book (just make sure to select the right person at the right campus).
Call 204.725.8700 or Toll-Free 800.862.6307 or visit the Learning Curve in-person.
We Can Help
Students may book appointments with Learning Curve staff for assistance with study skills, effective test-taking strategies, time management, and other learning strategies. Staff also help students one-on-one or in group workshops with specific topic areas, or to develop effective writing, math, computer skills, study skills, and more. The Learning Curve also provides support and services to students with accessibility needs.
- Classroom approaches: effective note taking, organizational skills, goal setting, etc.
- Test taking skills: preparing for tests, dealing with test anxiety, memory techniques, etc.
- Other strategies: find your learning style, time management, relaxation techniques, etc.
Writing and assignments
- Research and planning, including APA style
- Developing strong thesis statements, cohesive paragraphs, introductions and conclusions
- Editing and proofreading
Math, science and other course tutoring
- Many math courses
- A variety of other program-specific content areas
Computers and assistive technology
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Assistive technology: DNS, Read & Write Gold, Sonocent, Mind Mapping, Noodle Tools, etc
- Others as needed