Exceptional Learning Experiences for more than 60 Years
Assiniboine Community College has been providing exceptional learning experiences for more than 60 years. For staff and students alike, Assiniboine offers unparalleled learning environments and responds well to the demands and requirements of the Manitoba labour market. Here, instructors follow the philosophy of ‘learn by doing,’ combining theory with hands-on learning inside classrooms, labs, kitchens, shops, fields and the college’s Sustainable Greenhouse. We are an accredited college with the Province of Manitoba.
We offer more than 60 unique certificate, diploma and advanced credential programs across a variety of disciplines including culinary arts and hospitality, business, agriculture and environment, health and human services, trades and technology. We also deliver apprenticeship programming in a range of skilled trade disciplines.
Our Victoria Avenue East campus (Centre for Adult Learning - Brandon) and North Hill campus (Len Evans Centre for Trades and Technology, Manitoba Institute of Culinary Arts, and the Sustainable Greenhouse) are located in Brandon. Our Parkland campus, which also includes a Centre for Adult Learning, is located in Dauphin, Manitoba. At our Winnipeg campus, we deliver our Practical Nursing program and continuing studies courses. Assiniboine College continues to partner with dozens of communities and organizations across the province to deliver place-based education and training every year.
60th Anniversary History Book
Take a look at the college's journey over the past 60 years. Join writer Diane Nelson as she strolls down memory lane, recounting her own personal experiences and reconnecting with past faculty, staff and students.
Exceptional learning experiences.
Transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research.
- Be Passionate. We are enthusiastic and communicate openly in pursuit of our vision.
- Take Initiative. We challenge the status quo and take calculated risks without fear of failure.
- Deliver Results. We are all responsible and accountable for success.
Our Strategic Direction
In the fall of 2018, our Board of Governors adopted a refreshed Strategic Direction for the college with three overarching pillars. You may view our Strategic Direction as a PDF.
An unparalleled student experience
- Contemporary learning spaces throughout Manitoba are anchored by our flagship North Hill campus.
- All students graduate with knowledge, skills, and abilities that prepare them for career-related employment, lifelong learning, and active citizenship in an ever-changing world.
- Student experiences contribute to student success and belonging, and help forge a lasting connection to the college.
Quality programs responsive to Manitoba’s labour market
- Quality programming, teaching & learning, student success, Indigenization, community engagement, and growth are guided by our Academic Plan.
- In addition to program leadership in agriculture & environment and public safety sectors in Manitoba, we are a national leader in community-based delivery.
- 2,028 Assiniboine graduates by 2028 will help to address Manitoba’s lagging post-secondary attainment rate and prepare more people for economic growth and community service.
Outreach and engagement to support economic growth
- 400 Indigenous graduates annually will help respond to the Calls to Action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and contributes to the prosperity of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Peoples.
- Welcoming learners from around the world supports Manitoba’s economic and social development and builds global citizenship in all students.
- Meeting employer and community needs through responsive programming, customized training, and applied research across the province.
Graduates nine months after graduation
- 94% of our recent graduates who are seeking work have found employment.*
- 88% are working in a career related to their field of study.*
- 94% of graduates stay in Manitoba.*
- With 84% originating in Manitoba, that's a net population gain for Manitoba as a result of studying at Assiniboine.
- $55,200 is the average gross annual salary of our most recent graduates*
Graduates four years after graduating (2018-19 grads)
- 98% of our graduates, four years after graduating, have jobs.*
- 89% are working in a career related to their field of study.*
- 92% of 2018-19 graduates are still in Manitoba.*
- The 5-year average of graduates staying in Manitoba four years after graduating is 88%.
- $63,200 is the average annual income of 2018-19 graduates, four years after graduating*
* Data from our Graduate Satisfaction & Employment Survey, which separately surveyed 2021-22 graduates (nine months after graduation) and 2018-19 graduates (four years after graduation).
- We offer more than 60 unique certificate, diploma and post-graduate programs.
- Assiniboine students benefit from $300,000 in scholarships and bursaries each year.
- We have two campuses in Brandon, along with campuses in Dauphin and Winnipeg
- The college offers a varsity sports program, including men's and women's soccer, volleyball, futsal and women's hockey.
- 500+ full- and part-time employees.
- Since 2005, Assiniboine students have brought home three gold, 10 silver and 10 bronze medals from Skills Canada, a national competition that brings together more than 550 students and apprentices annually to compete in more than 40 skilled trade and technology competitions.
- Annual provincial economic impact of $612 million.
Relocation and expansion in Brandon
Assiniboine is in the middle of an exciting relocation and expansion to a beautiful heritage site on Brandon's north hill, known as our North Hill campus. In the future, all of the college's Brandon-based programming will train at this campus, overlooking the Assiniboine river valley with a view of the city.