Co-op Work Placements
Create Unique Learning Opportunities for Students
Thank you—business leaders and employers—for your interest in hiring Assiniboine Community College students. We believe that co-op work placements are one of the most influential opportunities that a student can participate in, and we are excited to partner with you in offering this experience. Co-op work placements provide students with a unique opportunity to gain certain experience and skills that they would not receive in the classroom.
Co-op work placements are also beneficial for the employer. We offer employment solutions by having over 200 talented summer and graduating students looking for work. We offer free services to employers such as job postings, interviews, career fairs and information nights. Co-op students are trained in cover letters, resumés and interviews to provide employers with professional recruitment experience.
Hiring is easy
- Send us your job posting online. Please include the job description, the application process, and closing date.
- Schedule an interview on campus.
- Hire the candidate of your choice.
We're always interested in creating new employer partnerships. If you know of a person or organization that we should be in contact with please forward the information to the co-op coordinator:
Jane De Pauw
Coordinator, Co-operative Education and Work Integrated Learning
(204) 725-8700 ext 7111
Requirements and expectations
For the employer:
- The employer is expected to provide a work experience that matches the provided job posting as closely as possible.
- The immediate supervisor of the student is required to provide the student with a mid-point and a final evaluation.
- The employer is expected not to layoff the student during the work experience.
For the student:
- The student is required to complete work placement assignments on their time.
- The student is expected to fulfill the duration of their work commitment.
- The student is expected to put forth their best effort in the placement.