Assiniboine Alumni see many successes and milestones - share yours
February 24, 2020
At Assiniboine, we know our alumni see many successes and milestones in their personal and professional lives after they leave our doors. Be it a marriage, birth, death in the family or a new level of academic or professional achievement, we want to know about it and share the news. In January, 2020, we asked alumni to share their news and were excited to hear from you.
Check out these alumni news highlights and remember to submit your news as it happens at https://assiniboine.net/alumni-news-update
- The Manitoba Real Estate Association will be headed up by Assiniboine Alum, Glen Tosh (Business Administration, Class of '90), this year. Glen is the managing partner at Royal LePage Martin-Liberty Reality and has been elected president of the volunteer organization for a one-year term in 2020.
- Dennis Ward (Media Production, Class of '04) has been nominated for a Canadian Screen Award in the Best National News Anchor category.
- Randy Frykas (Media Production, Class of '00) has been nominated as part of the Directing Team for Best Factual Direction for First Contact Canada that airs on APTN. The show has been also been nominated for Best Factual Series.
- Arin Hiebert (Culinary Arts, Class of ’12) will be appearing on the Food Networks' Spring Baking Championship.
- Interactive Media Arts alumni, Dallas Flett-Wapash ('17) and Taylor McArthur ('19), will be working as digital artists for an exhibition with the Art Gallery of Southwestern Manitoba this summer. The exhibition focuses on challenging and reimagining ideas around the reservation.
- Congratulations to Agribusiness alum, Kaitlyn Davey (‘19), on receiving the Youth Advocate of the Year award from the Greater Portage Chamber of Commerce presented during their Evening of Agriculture on February 3, 2020.