Fill Your Cup: January Wellness Supports & Self Care Events
A Wellness Event Series for Connection, Support and Self-Care
Take a moment to replenish your stores of mental, emotional and physical energy this January!
Refresh and recharge through this series of free online activities, resources and learnings.
All events are free and open to Assiniboine students and staff.
Monday, January 18
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. | Drop-in Meet & Greet with Wellness Advisor: How to Beat the Blues
- 5 p.m. | Sharing Circle (focus on wellness) with Cecil
Tuesday, January 19
- 10 to 11:30 a.m. | Mindfulness for Wellbeing - This experiential session introduces participants to mindfulness and offers strategies that promote overall well-being. Mindfulness is about intentionally paying attention to the present moment with attitudes of openness, curiosity and kindness. By focusing on the present, one tends to worry less about the past and the future. A regular mindful practice has many benefits; it can help manage stress, increase focus, improve performance and enhance overall health and well-being.
- All day | Get Back to Nature - Post your outdoor activity photos to #ACCWellness and be entered to win a prize!
Wednesday, January 20
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. | Creative Space - Being creative is an active way to keep your body and brain healthy. Join us for a collection of guided artistic processes. Everyone is an artist, even you!
Thursday, January 21
Friday, January 22
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. | Get Up and Move - Physical activity keeps our thinking, learning, and judgement skills sharp. It can help reduce the risk of depression and anxiety and positively impact how well we sleep. We’ve arranged some fun fitness to get you up and moving.
Monday, January 25
- 9 to 11 a.m. | Compassion Fatigue Basics - Compassion Fatigue is the “cost of caring.” The work of helping requires us to open our hearts and minds to others and while empathy is imperative, it can also make us vulnerable to be impacted by the trauma of others. Brandy Robertson is a certified Compassion Fatigue Educator and this session will offer basic self-assessments, conversations, and tools to identify and start healing our helpful selves. *not to be confused with Compassion Fatigue 101
- 12 to 1 p.m. | Plant Care with Poonam
Tuesday, January 26
- 11:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. | Movies for Mental Health
Wednesday, January 27
- 4 p.m.| Cooking for Wellness - Join Noah Stelmack, ACCSA M.I.C.A. Representative, and Dr. Ryan Whibbs, live on Instagram shortly after 4:00 PM. You might remember Noah from our last livestream. He's back! And this time he's working with M.I.C.A.'s own Dr. Ryan Whibbs. Prepare to be entertained as they take us through a cooking demonstration with a selection of healthy dishes that look great, taste great, and are totally something we could make too!
- Instagram: @accsamb
Thursday, January 28
- Bell Let’s Talk Day
- 5 p.m. | The Students' Association welcomes you to join a presentation with Jack.org at 5:00 PM, and to join the Bell Let's Talk discussion about mental health on social media.