Integrated Pest Management
Integrated Pest Management (IPM) provides green space managers with the knowledge to achieve an acceptable level of pest control in a cost-effective and aseptically pleasing way while minimizing the use of pesticides. Members of the landscape and golf course industries and provincial government departments in Manitoba initiated the IPM certification program, to formally recognize industry qualifications and promote ongoing IPM education.
Assiniboine is responsible for administering the IPM certification program in Manitoba. Individuals must demonstrate their knowledge and qualifications in IPM by successful completion of the IPM certification program (AGRC-0222) which includes:
- a self-directed home study manual
- a closed-book multiple choice exam
- completing an assignment where you write an IPM plan.
Green space managers who complete their certification in IPM must also be certified and obtain a Pesticide Landscape/Golf applicator licence. Manitoba Agriculture requires at least one individual per landscape or golf course company to be certified in IPM. For information on the certification required for licensing please visit Assiniboine’s Pesticide Certification webpage. Information on licensing with Manitoba Agriculture can be found here.
To register for the IPM program please click on the registration button below and search for “AGRC” and find the IPM exam date you wish to write. Exam dates can be found here.
Recertification is required every 5 years. Please click on the Continuing Education Tab for more information on recertification.
Careers & Connections
As an IPM practitioner you will have the opportunity to connect with professionals across the province including members of the Manitoba Golf Superintendents Association and Manitoba Nursery Landscape Association.
Courses & Costs
The certification exam fee for the Integrated Pest Management program is $150 and this includes the marking of the assignment. A passing grade is required on both the exam and assignment to receive the certification.
To register for the IPM program please click on the registration button below and search for “IPM” and the date you wish to write your exam. Exam dates can be found here.
Recertification is required every 5 years. Recertification can be completed in two ways:
- Obtain 15 continuing education credits in required concepts by attending approved conferences, workshops and events over the student’s five-year recertification period.
- Complete the IPM certification exam and assignment
To apply for IPM CEC recertification (AGRC-0260) please click here.
Continuing Education Events
Please click the year below to see events that have been approved for Continuing Education Credits.
If you are hosting an event and want to obtain credit approval please submit IPM CEC Event Application Form a minimum of 4 weeks before you wish to promote credits for the event.
The following courses were approved for CEC’s:
- Getting the most out of new chemistry – BASF Canada
- Getting Ready for 2021 – Bayer Environmental Science
- Hitting the refresh button on snow mould management – Bayer Environmental Science
- Brett Young Virtual Academy – Brett Young Seeds
- Canadian Golf Course Management Conference – Canadian Golf Course Superintendents Association
- Even Spray Spring Seminar – Even-Spray & Chemicals
- Landscape Ontario Congress – Landscape Ontario
- MBNLA 2021 Webinar Series - Manitoba Nursery Landscape Association
- Photosynthesis - SiteOne Landscape Supply & Brandt iHammer
- Syngenta Super Seminar Series - Syngenta Professional Solutions
- Belchim Canada Lunch and Learn – Belchim Turf Protection Canada
- Target Specialty Products 2021 Conference – Target Speciality Products
- Aquatrols & Redox Webinar series
- 2022 Canadian Golf Course Management Conference
- Brett Young Turf Academy January 13
- MBLNA Grow Show
- Brett Young Turf Academy February 22
- Even Spray webinars
- Target Speciality Products webinars
- Overton Environmental webinar
- CGSA Fall Field Day
- Belchim Webinar January 13
- BrettYoung - January event
- BrettYoung - March event
- MBMNLA Grow Show
- CGSA Management Conference
- Target Speciality Master Class
- CGSA Management Conference - extra sessions
- Even Spray Chemicals Spring Seminar
- MinRock Technologies Webinar