WRCFS is a mandated First Nations Child & Family services Agency responsible to provide a full range of services, including statutory services, voluntary services and prevention services to the children and families of its nine First Nations, residing on and off reserve. The purpose of the programs of WRCFS is to sustain, support, and enhance family and community life. Reporting to the Community Based Team Supervisor, the worker will be responsible to work as part of a team in delivering a full range of child and family services utilizing a community based model of service delivery, with emphasis on prevention and resource services as a frontline approach.
BSW with at least two years related experience preferably in First Nations Child & Family Services. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
• Must have a commitment to First Nations Child & Family Services, community based planning & service delivery.
• Knowledge of and appreciation for Ojibway culture and aspirations are essential.
• The ability to speak Ojibway will be considered a definite asset
• Must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and within a multi-disciplinary approach
• Must have computer training and/or knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Be familiar with the Structured Decision Making assessment tools, Intake & CFSIS is essential
Sheri Taylor, BSW, RSW
Community Based Team Supervisor
West Region Child & Family Services Inc.
Erickson, MB R0J 0P0
Fax: (204) 571-2099