The Relief Transit Customer Service Operators are responsible for transporting passengers according to prescribed schedules, ensuring passengers submit the correct fare, issuing and accepting transfers, and assisting passengers with route information, destination, location and terminal calls. The incumbent may also operate the Brandon Access Transit Bus, providing service to physically disabled persons including assistance to and from Transit vehicles.
This opportunity is for a temporary part-time position – must be available at short notice for any shift (including days, evenings and weekends) with a guarantee of 20 hours per week as well as 2 days off in each week. Relief Transit Customer Service Operators advance to permanent through seniority.
Willing to train successful candidates to obtain their Class 2 with air.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a valid and subsisting Class 2 Province of Manitoba driver’s license;
- Mature judgment and keen sense of responsibility;
- Grade 12, G.E.D. or Mature Student High School certification;
- Must provide a driver abstract;
- Must complete a Criminal Record and Vulnerable Persons check;
- Minimum of two (2) years experience operating vehicles requiring a Class 2 driver’s license;
- Minimum of two (2) years experience providing customer service/working with the public.