Homestead Co-op is hiring a Full Time Term Ag Summer Student at our Austin Agro Site location.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canada, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.homesteadco-op.crs
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Agro Manager your duties will include but are not limited to; assist with grower/customer communication plans, assist agronomist in helping to provide guidance on seed, pest identification, crop management and crop nutrition so our growers/customers can make informed decisions. Deliver on field activities such as receiving and dispersing agricultural products (including fertilizer), scouting and soil testing where required and communicating results effectively to the grower/customers. Communicate the needs of the growers to our suppliers with the assistance of other team members, general health and safety and continue both personal and professional development.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Ag Retail and:
- You are registered in a degree or diploma in agriculture or related field is considered an asset.
- You are able to work both independently and as a member of a highly motivated team.
- You have excellent customer service skills, communication skills and the ability to problem solve.
- You are highly motivated.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must hold a valid class 5 Driver’s License, Class 3 is an asset.
- Must be able to work flexible hours depending on the demands of the season.
- You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-orientated and strive to be the best in what you do.
To apply please go to the career section of our website at www.homesteadco-op.crs