Centre for Learning and Innovation
Please visit our dedicated teaching resource.
The college's mission, vision, and value statements express the importance of providing a dynamic and supportive learning environment to promote student success. The Centre for Learning and Innovation supports the achievement of these aims by actively supporting Assiniboine’s teaching and learning communities with,
- Face to face, blended, online, synchronous and asynchronous environments and related instructional strategies
- Program development and renewal
- Curriculum development and renewal
- Communities of practice
- Course, assessment, and instructional design
- Open Educational Resources
- Wellness, Universal Design, Equity Diversity and Inclusion, and Accessibility/Disability curriculum support
- Educational Technology instructional practices and ACC’s Learning Management System (Moodle)
Our services are provided through one-to-one sessions, classroom visits, communities of practices, and workshops and group training events.
Caitlin Munn, Education Quality Assurance Specialist
Caitlin is the Education Quality Assurance Specialist at Assiniboine. Caitlin’s primary responsibility is the development of a comprehensive education quality program for Assiniboine. Her work includes creating quality assurance mechanisms, training aides, workshops, and professional development activities.
Jason Andries, Education Technology Specialist
Jason plays a key role in LMS support and the organizing and provision of training and support for faculty and staff in the use of educational technologies.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities of his position include:
- Directly supporting students, faculty and staff in the successful use and development of Assiniboine Online (Moodle) through the ITS Service desk.
- Supporting faculty in the successful interactive use of educational media and other educational technology initiatives to support teaching approaches
- Organize and facilitate professional development and training workshops related to the effective use of Assiniboine Online (Moodle) and other educational technologies for course development
- Assist faculty to pilot new technology used to support curriculum development.
Lynn Andrews, Student Accessibility Coordinator
Lynn is the Student Accessibility Coordinator at Assiniboine.The key responsibilities of her position include:
- Providing guidance and leadership for Accessibility and Disability Services for the Student Success Advisors, Learning Commons, faculty and Staff in developing effective learning support programming
- Ensure Accessibility and Disability Services decision-making practices, procedures, case management, student support practices, and policies are up to date
- Develop transition programs or supports to assist students with Accessibility and Disability in their transition to college.
- Assist in the review and implementation of specific Accessibility and Disability Services
- Adjudicate Accessibility and Disability student requests for non-standard accommodation
Lynn Cliplef, Program Review Specialist
Lynn is the Program Review Specialist.
Lynn’s primary responsibility is to support the schools in the Program Review Process under Policy A11.
Her work includes facilitating program reviews by creating support documents and resources, facilitating sessions, gathering and synthesizing institutional data, providing project management, and assisting in the program review reporting process.
Mitchell Hengen, Faculty Development Coach
Mitchell coaches and supports instructor teaching practices. The key responsibilities and accountabilities of his position include:
- Support faculty with facilitation strategies
- Organize and facilitate professional development and training workshops for instructional staff
- Supporting faculty and staff in the use and application of technologies for teaching and learning
- Support program and course development
- Provide mentoring to instructors
- Facilitation strategies with the college learning management system, Moodle
MiteshKumar Vagadiya, Administrative Assistant
Mitesh supports the administrative needs of the Learning Commons (Centre for Learning Innovation, Library, Learning Curve, Test Centre, Wellness, and Accessibility/Disability Serivces for Students.
Mitesh triages for all areas in the Learning Commons and is happy to direct you toward the appropriate resources available in the Learning Commons.
Mireille Saurette , Student Success Advisor for Wellness
Mireille is Assiniboine's Student Success Advisor for Wellness. Her primary goal is to facilitate holistic wellness pathways, thereby contributing to the overall success of Assiniboine's students. She plays a vital role in enhancing the work of the Student Success Advisor team and works diligently to empower students.
Mireille's active engagement extends to the broader community, involving resource development and fostering robust community ties that provide comprehensive support to our students in every facet of their lives. She actively promotes health and wellness practices, both within the classroom and beyond, in her commitment to the well-being of our student body.
Scout Rexe, Instructional Designer
Scout is the instructional designer at Assiniboine. She:
- Develops courses, workshops, and job aids that promote active and transformative learning in online, blended, and face-to-face contexts
- Provides one on one consultations with instructors on creating courses and assessments, with a focus on online and blended delivery
- Contributes to teaching and learning projects designed to build the capacity of the college community on student engagement, wellness, retention, and outcomes-based assessment
- Collaborates with faculty and staff on initiatives to improve student outcomes
- Assists with CLI support, services, publications, and online resources.
Sheryl Prouse Senior Advisor, Student Affairs and Interim Director of the Learning Commons (LC)
The Director supplies oversight to the Learning Commons which consists of collaborative teams including the Centre for Learning Innovation, Library, Learning Curve and the Test Centre.
- Working in partnership with the schools and other units we support the ongoing enhancement of teaching and learning,
- The provision of quality academic and professional development that supports evidence based, quality teaching environments for Assiniboine students.
- The Director contributes to strategic developments in teaching, learning and student affairs policy and practice and leads related institutional change initiatives.
Vashistha Teepsoo, Education Technology Specialist
Vashi plays a key role in LMS support and the organizing and provision of training and support for faculty and staff in the use of educational technologies.
The key responsibilities and accountabilities of his position include:
Directly supporting students, faculty and staff in the successful use and development of Assiniboine Online (Moodle) through the ITS Service desk.
Supporting faculty in the successful interactive use of educational media and other educational technology initiatives to support teaching approaches.
Facilitate professional development and develop informational materials to support the effective use of Assiniboine Online (Moodle) and other educational technologies for course development.
Assist faculty to pilot new technology used to support curriculum development.