Make Connections and Gain Valuable Knowledge
Global Citizenship Immersions are designed for Assiniboine domestic students (Canadian citizens and permanent residents). These are one week immersions, scheduled during a college break from classes. At least one college instructor will accompany the group to relate the learning to Assiniboine program curriculum.
There are many reasons to participate in the Global Citizenship Immersion Program. You make connections with another culture; experience your academic subject through a new lens; and develop cross-cultural knowledge and skills of increasing value to Canadian employers.
There are four Global Citizenship Immersions planned for March 2020:
- Agriculture and Environment - Brazil
- School of Business - England
- Hotel and Restaurant Management and Culinary Arts - France and Germany
- Early Childhood Education - Sweden
Determine your eligibility
The following eligibility requirements must be met at the time of your application.
- You are a current domestic student (Canadian citizen or permanent resident)
- You are registered as full-time student in one of the designated programs
- You are expected to maintain good academic standing. The program Dean will review your grades at time of application.
Note: Each Global Citizenship Immersion will require a minimum number of participants.
Applications must be submitted by October 25, 2019. Review the application forms under each program to apply.
Application decisions are available approximately one week after the application deadline. You will be notified through your college email address whether you have been accepted to the Global Citizenship Immersion program.
Accepting your offer will move your application to the next stage: self-assessment and discussion with Assiniboine International related to health and readiness.