Assiniboine Community College has been providing exceptional learning experiences for over 55 years. For staff and students alike, Assiniboine offers unparalleled learning environments and responds well to the demands and requirements of the Manitoba labour market. Instructors follow the philosophy of ‘learn by doing’, combining theory with hands-on learning inside classrooms, labs, kitchens, shops, fields and the college’s Sustainable Greenhouse. Assiniboine is an accredited college with the Government of Manitoba.
We offer over 40 unique diploma and certificate programs across a variety of disciplines including culinary arts and hospitality, business, agriculture and environment, health and human services, trades and technology. The college also delivers apprenticeship programming in a range of skilled trades disciplines.
We welcomed over 3,600 full-time students last year.
Our Victoria Avenue East Campus, North Hill Campus (Len Evans Centre for Trades and Technology, the Manitoba Institute of Culinary Arts and the college's new sustainable greenhouse) and Adult Collegiate are located in Brandon. Our Parkland Campus is located in Dauphin, Manitoba. We also have a campus in Winnipeg that delivers our Practical Nursing program and continuing studies courses. Our college continues to partner with many communities and organizations across the province to deliver customized education and training.
Exceptional learning experiences
Transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research
- Be Passionate. We are enthusiastic and communicate openly and directly in pursuit of our vision.
- Take Initiative. We challenge the status quo and take calculated risks without fear of failure.
- Deliver Results. We are all responsible and accountable for success.
Our Strategic Direction
In the summer of 2013 our Board of Governors adopted a new Strategic Direction for the college with three overarching pillars. You can also view our Strategic Direction as a PDF.
An Unparalleled Student Experience
- Building a unique campus environment for student engagement at our North Hill Campus.
- Graduate successful students who master skills, secure career-related employment and are prepared for a global environment.
- Student life and activities outside of classrooms, shops and labs are a signature part of the ACC experience.
Quality Programs Responsive to Manitoba’s Labour Market
- Innovative program development and renewal, leading edge teaching practice, authentic assessment and portable credentials guided by our Academic Charter.
- Provincial program leadership in agriculture, environment & energy and public safety.
- Helping to meet Manitoba’s goal to add 75,000 people to the labour force by doubling the number of graduates by 2025.
Outreach & Engagement to Support Economic Growth
- Contributing to First Nation, Métis and Inuit prosperity by having the highest college participation rate in the province.
- Supporting employer innovation and productivity through applied research and customized training.
- Developing partnerships enhances our capacity and bolsters our impact across the province.
Choose how you study
Whether you want to study full-time, part-time or by distance education, Assiniboine offers apprenticeship programs, certificates, diplomas, mature student high school, continuing studies and contract training. The college’s educational delivery is offered through a variety of approaches, including face-to-face, distance and online, blended learning and integrated programs.
Relocation and Expansion in Brandon
Assiniboine is in the middle of an exciting relocation and expansion to a beautiful heritage site on Brandon's north hill, known as our North Hill Campus. In the future, all of the college's Brandon-based programming will train at this campus, overlooking the Assiniboine river valley with a view of the city.
President and CEO
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Information Officer
Dean, School of Health & Human Services
Acting Dean, School of Trades & Technology
Dean, School of Business, Agriculture & Environment
Director, Public Affairs
Director, Centre for Continuing Studies
Director, Parkland Campus
Director, Human Resources
Director, Adult Collegiate
Director, Capital Projects
Around The College
Assiniboine and CBU partner to offer MBA programRead Post
Assiniboine Culinary Arts students win gold at national competitionRead Post
Assiniboine Escape Room: The LegacyView Details
Assiniboine sees more than 50 per cent growth in grad numbers over five yearsRead Post
Early Learning Centre to expand on campus at Assiniboine Community CollegeRead Post
IMAgine Video & Audio ChallengeView Details
It’s a bug-eat-bug world, says Assiniboine faculty memberRead Post
Program Information SessionsView Details
The Louis Riel Bursary Fund established at Assiniboine Community CollegeRead Post
Twenty-four students to graduate from Assiniboine’s Adult CollegiateRead Post
Would you like (sweet potato) fries with that?Read Post