Assiniboine Community College has been providing exceptional learning experiences for over 55 years. For staff and students alike, Assiniboine offers unparalleled learning environments and responds well to the demands and requirements of the Manitoba labour market. Here, instructors follow the philosophy of ‘learn by doing,’ combining theory with hands-on learning inside classrooms, labs, kitchens, shops, fields and the college’s Sustainable Greenhouse. We are an accredited college with the Province of Manitoba.
We offer over 40 unique certificate, diploma and advanced credential programs across a variety of disciplines including culinary arts and hospitality, business, agriculture and environment, health and human services, trades and technology. We also delivers apprenticeship programming in a range of skilled trades disciplines.
Our Victoria Avenue East campus, North Hill campus (Len Evans Centre for Trades and Technology, Manitoba Institute of Culinary Arts and Sustainable Greenhouse) and Adult Collegiate are located in Brandon. Our Parkland campus is located in Dauphin, Manitoba. At our Winnipeg campus, we deliver our Practical Nursing program and continuing studies courses. Assiniboine college continues to partner with dozens of communities and organizations across the province to deliver place-based education and training every year.
Exceptional learning experiences
Transforming lives and strengthening Manitoba through applied education and research
- Be Passionate. We are enthusiastic and communicate openly in pursuit of our vision.
- Take Initiative. We challenge the status quo and take calculated risks without fear of failure.
- Deliver Results. We are all responsible and accountable for success.
Our Strategic Direction
In the fall of 2018, our Board of Governors adopted a refreshed Strategic Direction for the college with three overarching pillars. You can also view our Strategic Direction as a PDF.
An Unparalleled Student Experience
- Contemporary learning spaces throughout Manitoba are anchored by our flagship North Hill campus.
- All students graduate with knowledge, skills, and abilities that prepare them for career-related employment, lifelong learning, and active citizenship in an ever-changing world.
- Student experiences contribute to student success and belonging, and help forge a lasting connection to the college.
Quality Programs Responsive to Manitoba’s Labour Market
- Quality programming, teaching & learning, student success, Indigenization, community engagement, and growth are guided by our Academic Plan.
- In addition to program leadership in agriculture & environment and public safety sectors in Manitoba, we are a national leader in community-based delivery.
- 2,028 Assiniboine graduates by 2028 will help to address Manitoba’s lagging post-secondary attainment rate and prepare more people for economic growth and community service.
Outreach & Engagement to Support Economic Growth
- 400 Indigenous graduates annually will help respond to the Calls to Action from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and contributes to the prosperity of First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Peoples.
- Welcoming learners from around the world supports Manitoba’s economic and social development and builds global citizenship in all students.
- Meeting employer and community needs through responsive programming, customized training, and applied research across the province.
Choose how you study
Whether you want to study full-time, part-time or by distance education, Assiniboine offers apprenticeship programs, certificates, diplomas, mature student high school, continuing studies and contract training. The college’s educational delivery is offered through a variety of approaches, including face-to-face, distance and online, blended learning and integrated programs.
Relocation and Expansion in Brandon
Assiniboine is in the middle of an exciting relocation and expansion to a beautiful heritage site on Brandon's north hill, known as our North Hill Campus. In the future, all of the college's Brandon-based programming will train at this campus, overlooking the Assiniboine river valley with a view of the city.
Around The College
Ag Partnership BreakfastView Details
Assiniboine and CBU partner to offer MBA programRead Post
Assiniboine Culinary Arts students win gold at national competitionRead Post
Assiniboine refreshes its strategic directionRead Post
Assiniboine sees more than 50 per cent growth in grad numbers over five yearsRead Post
Brown & Olson Commit to Cougars Women's SoccerRead Post
IMAgine Video & Audio ChallengeView Details
Program Information SessionsView Details
Would you like (sweet potato) fries with that?Read Post