Prairie Innovation Centre for Sustainable Agriculture
The Prairie Innovation Centre for Sustainable Agriculture is a one-of-a-kind Canadian college project that will bring together collaborative learning space, applied research labs and multipurpose spaces that will serve both the college community and agriculture industry. The Centre will support new program for labour market development, applied research and industry engagement.
The Prairie Innovation Centre is Assiniboine's vision for the future of agriculture and a response to labour market gaps in the industry.
The Prairie Innovation Centre, which will be located on the college’s North Hill campus in Brandon, will allow the college to continue expanding capacity in agriculture-related programming from 300 to more than 800 students annually. By creating enhanced and expanded agricultural training capacity, the Centre will enable the agriculture sector to reach its full potential in the Canadian and Manitoban economy.
Agriculture belongs at Assiniboine
- Agriculture contributed $122 billion to the Canadian economy in 2018
- That's 6.3% of Canada's gross domestic product
But the labour gap is agriculture is significant and continuing to grow.
- In 2017, there was a gap of 63,000 workers in Canada's ag sector
- This will grow to 123,000 workers by 2029.
- That's one in three jobs that could go unfilled.
Assiniboine Grads get jobs and stay in Manitoba.
- 92% of grads are working nine months after graduation
- 93 % of graduates stayed in Manitoba
Praire Innovation Centre News
Find campaign and donor updates at assiniboine.net/pic-donors
- Prairie Innovation Centre building on Manitoba's agricultural past
- New post-secondary programs will help address Canada’s food processing labour shortage
- Prairie Innovation Centre to build on Assiniboine's agri-food philosophy
- Partnership and Collaboration at the heart of the Prairie Innovation Centre
- Assiniboine's next generation of agriculture building on flagship campus
- Manitoba’s Ag College works to build new, leading-edge agricultural training centre
- Introducing the Prairie Innovation Centre
Prairie Innovation Centre Pillars
New programs, such as Robotics and Industrial Automation, Food Science Technology and Advanced Agriculture, will highlight interdisciplinary training in agriculture, environment, and technology-related fields to produce skilled and adaptable graduates.
The Centre will be a hub for collaboration, innovation, and incubation. Assiniboine will be recognized as your go-to-problem-solvers for agricultural-related practical challenges.
Building on Assiniboine’s current research into food security, future applied research will focus on practical problems and contributing to sector research and development.
Ag Belongs Here: Case for Support
|Download Case for Support