Interview & Selection Process
When applying for positions at the college, the process of selection and recruitment is multi-faceted.
- Pre-screening of applications. Methods used are the:
- Paper screen – each applicant is evaluated on the qualifications criteria to determine whether the applicant meets the qualifications required
- Pre-screen interview – personal interviews can be conducted to determine which of the candidates meets the qualifications criteria
- Testing –directly related to the qualifications criteria to determine specific qualifications such as computer skills.
- Interview with a selection committee that will consist of some or all of the following:
- Questions, including behavioural based questions, presentations, classroom simulation, work samples, role play and computer testing.
- Rating of each candidate interviewed.
- Reference check carried out by a member(s) of the selection committee by personal contact, telephone enquiry, e-mail enquiry or written communication.
Follow-up interviews may be conducted with some of the candidates to acquire further information.