Privacy is your right to control how your personal information is managed. Visit our privacy page for more information.
Confidentiality is an important aspect of advising. Assiniboine will make sure information is kept between our advisors and our students. This means the information you share is only shared with other professionals if...
- You tell an advisor you are going to hurt yourself.
- You tell an advisor someone is going to hurt you.
- You tell an advisor you are going to hurt someone.
- There is a medical emergency.
- You tell an advisor something that someone on the Assiniboine team needs to know in order to do their job.
The information shared is limited to those people involved due to their roles at the college. For example; if you disclose that someone threatened your safety, we need to notify officials to make sure the learning environment is safe for you and others, providing only the information required for everyone to do their jobs.
In other words, our advisors only need to share the details of what both parties talk about if wellbeing (yours, another person’s or the college’s) is at stake. Assiniboine will always do our best to let you know before it shares anything we talk about.
Contact us for more information or to book an appointment:
Student Services Accessibility & Disability Services
Download the Assiniboine confidentiality poster (PDF).