To use a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) that has been set up in your name, contact the RESP provider to find out how to access the funds. You usually need proof that you are accepted to a program and information about the fees you will pay.

The Government of Canada’s Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP) allows you to withdraw amounts from your Registered Retirement Savings plan (RRSP) to finance full-time training or education for you or your spouse or commonlaw partner. If certain conditions are met, you do not have pay tax on the money when you withdraw it, and you can pay the money back to your RRSP over a 10-year period.