international students

Costs for International Students

Fees for international students are different than those for domestic students. Ensure you are looking at the correct fees on the program pages, as both prices for international and domestic students are listed. We provide estimated fees, and these are subject to change.

All fees are estimated and subject to change without notice and that fees increase annually on July 1st.

If you have questions related to fees, please email and state which program(s) you are asking about.

Many students consider working while studying. However, we strongly encourage you to allow at least one month in your college program so you understand the workload before making decisions about working. Many of our program schedules will be full days (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) Monday to Friday, plus study and homework time. Some college programs have evening class schedules.

View information about financial aid for international students.

Living costs

IRCC requires a single student to have adequate funds for a twelve-month period plus the cost of tuition (see chart) to be eligible for a study permit to come to Canada. The tuition figure used will be the cost of first-year tuition (not including textbooks). This is a realistic estimate of the amount needed to live while in Canada.

A typical monthly budget for a single student is:

  • Rent and utilities: $800 to $1400
  • Food: $250 to $400
  • Transportation: $30 to $300 (depending on the city, and whether you use a car)
  • Miscellaneous expenses: $100
  • Furniture: Variable
  • Recreation: Variable

Students coming from most countries will also need to purchase clothing suitable for Manitoba winters. Insulated jackets/coats, sweaters or fleece, mittens, hats and boots will be required. Budget $300 to $500 if you are buying everything new.


We are happy to announce that we will offer for primary health care (doctor/hospital) and Student VIP for extended health care (dental/vision/prescriptions). All International students will be required to purchase this health insurance as a condition of attending Assiniboine. The cost of the insurance premiums will be $918.25 for a full year of insurance for a single student. The college will invoice you for these premiums and send the funds to the insurance company on your behalf. This cost will be payable before the first day of college.

It is required by law to have a driver's license and Manitoba Public Insurance (also called "Autopac") in order to use a vehicle. We also recommend tenants’ insurance for your belongings. Look under "Insurance" in the Yellow Pages to find an insurance broker that can help you with your insurance needs.