It is considered one of the greatest honours of Graduation to be chosen to deliver the Valedictorian Address.
The Assiniboine Community College Students' Association (ACCSA) will select a Valedictorian to represent the class of 2020 at the graduation ceremonies to be held the week of October 26, 2020, to coincide with existing fall graduation dates.
The Valedictorian selected will be required to speak at convocation. In order to qualify for the position of Valedictorian, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a graduating student from a program offered at the Parkland Campus or any other Assiniboine Campus or training site for the academic year.
- Have a minimum G.P.A of 3.0
- Have a history of student involvement at the college
- Complete an application form, as well as a 500-word essay
- The application must be supported by two graduating students and two faculty or staff members from the college
- Selected applicants must be available for an interview with the selection committee
The applications will be evaluated and selected based on the following:
- academic performance
- extra-curricular activities
- contribution to college life
- answers given on this form
- answers given in the interview
The application deadline is May 1, 2020 at 4 p.m. Please drop off all completed application forms (provided below) to the ACCSA office in room 413 (Victoria Avenue East campus) or email all completed forms and the essay to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will be notified in writing of the committee's decision prior to graduation.