Note: The Brandon and Parkland Campus Valedictorians have already been selected. Thank you for your applications. We are still accepting applications for the Winnipeg Campus Valedictorian, see below for more information and the Application Form
It is considered one of the greatest honours of Graduation to be chosen to deliver the Valedictorian Address.
The Assiniboine Community College Students' Association (ACCSA) will select a Valedictorian to represent the class of 2021 (one for the graduation in Dauphin, one for Brandon, and one for Winnipeg).
Selected Valedictorians will be required to have their speech filmed for release on Social Media. In order to qualify for the position of Valedictorian, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a graduating student from a program in the 2020-21 academic year.
- Have a minimum G.P.A of 3.0
- Have a history of student involvement at the college
- Complete an application form, as well as a 500-word essay
- The application must be supported by two graduating students and two faculty or staff members from the college
The applications will be evaluated and selected based on the following:
- academic performance
- extra-curricular activities
- contribution to college life
- answers given on the form
The application deadline is Friday, August 6th, 2021, at 4 p.m. Please email all completed forms (provided below) and the essay in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will be notified in writing of the committee's decision by Friday, August 13, 2021.