Over $400,000 Available Each Year
Each year, Assiniboine students receive over $400,000 in the form of scholarships and bursaries. Scholarships can be based on a variety of criteria, such as academic achievement, school or community involvement, and athletics. Bursaries are based primarily on financial need.
Entrance and bridging awards
Scholarships and bursaries are also categorized according to level of study:
Entrance awards are for students entering into a program (year one). If you will begin your studies in September, you can start applying for entrance awards between January and December of the year in which you will enter.
Bridging awards are for students who are entering an additional year of study. After January 1 of your first year of studies, you can begin applying for these awards; they will will be applied to the following year of your studies.
Types of awards:
There are various types of scholarships available that are either automatically assessed or need to be applied for:
- Do not require a scholarship application and are instead automatically assessed based on academic program applications.
- Numerous automatic scholarships are available, depending on the program you’re applying to and/or high school marks.
- To be eligible for automatic scholarships, you must apply to an Assiniboine program by March 15 for consideration and assessment for the following academic year start date.
- Require a separate scholarship application form to be filled out and submitted.
- These awards may also include further submissions based on the criteria of the award.
- The deadline for these awards is July 15.
- Require a separate application form to be filled out and submitted.
- These awards are assessed based on financial need.
How To Apply
You will find detailed lists with complete criteria, including deadlines and instructions on how to apply in the Awards Search Tool. When submitting application forms, please provide all required documentation as outlined in the individual award criteria. It is extremely important to ensure your application is complete.
Looking for more information?
Register now for a free, 45-minute Financial Aid & Awards online info session. Everyone should consider applying for financial aid—chances are you’re eligible for some support. In this session, we will help you navigate the many funding options available for your post-secondary education, including scholarships, bursaries, government student aid and other funding opportunities.