Steps to Apply
The following steps are for domestic students applying for on-campus day programs (full-time, part-time) and distance education programs. International students should refer to the International Student Applications section of the website. Submit an online application for each program that you are applying for.
1. Apply Online *NEW*
Applications can be submitted online. Please review admission requirements and any application deadlines before starting your online application.
2. Non-refundable $95 application fee
We accept VISA, MasterCard, cheque or money order made payable to Assiniboine Community College. (Sponsorship letters are not accepted as payment of application fee).
3. Academic transcripts
You must send us official original transcript(s) from all educational institutions that you attended. If you are currently at high school, you need to send us an official transcript of the last grade or level you completed and a letter from your school confirming the subjects you are currently registered in. You should also send us any transcripts relating to upgrading, GED or any other academic qualifications you have. All transcripts and other supporting documents must be in English or have English translations attached. In all cases, the official transcript(s) should accompany your application. Official transcripts must arrive here in a sealed envelope, sent directly from your high school or other post-secondary institutes attended.
4. Proof of English Language Proficiency
English is the language of instruction and communication at Assiniboine. All applicants must demonstrate a command of English sufficient to meet the demands of classroom instruction, discussions, and written assignments. Please see English Language Proficiency Requirements for details.
5. Supplemental Application Form (competitive entry programs only)
Some of our programs determine admission based on competitive entry. This means that successful applicants are selected from the pool of qualified applicants based on criteria that ensures the best fit for the demands of the program. Competitive entry programs require applicants to fill out a supplemental application form.
- If you are in high school at the time of application, you must send a list of all courses you are currently enrolled in, confirmed by the school, with your application. Final high school marks, to be received by the college no later than July 15
- All documentation submitted becomes the property of Assiniboine
- If you are homeschooled, please read the information for homeschooled applicants
- Are you being sponsored? Please ensure your sponsor completes a Sponsorship Authorization Form and sends it to Assiniboine as soon as sponsorship is confirmed. Sponsorship letters are not accepted as payment of the application fee.
- We do not accept faxed or emailed applications
Assiniboine keeps all original documents that are submitted in support of an application for admission. We do not return or photocopy these documents for students.
Incomplete applications, (i.e. missing documents), are not considered for acceptance until the application is complete. Applications will be considered for conditional entry if we receive all documentation except official transcripts, but note that the official transcripts must arrive before a final non-conditional offer of admission can be made. If we have to send you information about missing documents it will delay your application being processed. Apart from competitive entry, we process applications on a first complete, first-served basis.
You may be required to write an entrance test, applicants pay the cost of administering the test. The test must be written in a testing facility approved by the college. You will be sent details about this test if you require testing.
Note: If you need a paper copy of our application, please print, and mail-in or deliver in-person to us.
Assiniboine Community College
1430 Victoria Avenue East
Call us directly at 204.725.8701 or toll-free 800.862.6307 ext 4036 or email email@example.com.